AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I received my Parasound Halo A-21(replaced a Peachtree 220) today. Right out of the box the A-21 just sounds more natural, with much better tonality. Controlled is what keeps coming to mind. I still have the Peachtree Nova preamp, but looking to replace it soon. Two questions?

Any recommendations on where to start with  new preamp? Must be able to allow 2.1 via optical cable.

What, if any changes should I expect from the A21?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Feed it good cables, get better sound. I used RCA's and switched to wireworld XLR's.

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
The Parasound P5 would be a good choice with bass management and onboard DAC (optical, coaxial, and USB connections).

Reactions: Dr_Mark

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm using the Parasound Halo A-21 to drive Revel F208s...hopefully soon to be Revel Studio 2s. There isn't a night and day difference between the 220 and A21, but I like the difference. As I stated in a PM to you, the A21 has more controlled. I don't like the sound of Class D amplifiers, I submit they sound thin and can sound bright when pushed.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have a Parasound A21 and an A51. My A21 drives a pair of Dali Epicon 6 speakers. The Dali's are $14k and the A21 is a perfect match with them. Perfect sonic match.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have the Marantz 8801 matched with it. I am feeding it with a HTPC "Assassins build" Direct TV, 3800 BCDI Blu and Synology Server.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts