AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I was unable to locate a Parasound specific thread I decided to create one.

I have the C2 and I'll start this off with a question;

\\

I am using an in-wall speaker (Monitor Audio CP Gold) as my center channel in my HT. My main and SS speakers are MA Gold towers. The C2 only allows for one subwoofer freq. for all speakers. I have set all my speakers as small and the sub freq. is 80HZ. In my case, I believe that I would benefit from a higher (100-120 HZ) setting for the center channel but this channel cannot be individually adjusted.

I am thinking of using one of the aux channels for this purpose. It seems straight forward in that I assign the appropriate filters and direct 100% of the center channel information to the aux channel and then the aux output to my amps CC input, but I'm concerned about the actual Center channel settings. Do I set the Center channel to off or just leave it as small and not use the output?

I would call Parasound but of course, it's the weekend and that is my audio play time. I am hoping there is another C2 user who has done this and can advise.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! /forum/post/0

Since I was unable to locate a Parasound specific thread I decided to create one.

I have the C2 and I'll start this off with a question;

\\

I am using an in-wall speaker (Monitor Audio CP Gold) as my center channel in my HT. My main and SS speakers are MA Gold towers. The C2 only allows for one subwoofer freq. for all speakers. I have set all my speakers as small and the sub freq. is 80HZ. In my case, I believe that I would benefit from a higher (100-120 HZ) setting for the center channel but this channel cannot be individually adjusted.

I am thinking of using one of the aux channels for this purpose. It seems straight forward in that I assign the appropriate filters and direct 100% of the center channel information to the aux channel and then the aux output to my amps CC input, but I'm concerned about the actual Center channel settings. Do I set the Center channel to off or just leave it as small and not use the output?

I would call Parasound but of course, it's the weekend and that is my audio play time. I am hoping there is another C2 user who has done this and can advise.

First off I can't answer your question but you do have one awsome processor. The C2 is a very nice Processor from a well respected company. Definitely call Parasound on Monday. I called them a few times in the past and they were extremely helpful.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. /forum/post/0

First off I can't answer your question but you do have one awsome processor. The C2 is a very nice Processor from a well respected company. Definitely call Parasound on Monday. I called them a few times in the past and they were extremely helpful.

JH,

I agree the C2 is a nice piece of equipment. I just tried the setup I asked about and the results are good and interesting (to me anyway
). I was able to use the aux channel to send the properly high passed signal (in my case 110Hz) Center Channel info to my amp. I simply moved the balanced connector from the CC output to the Pro1 aux output channel. With this configuration, the 110Hz> CC content is going to the center channel.

I was also able to set the center channel to off in the speaker setup. This setting (by default) distributes the CC info to my main R/L speakers. Because I have also redirected the CC info to the aux channel, the center channel still receives the CC info but it is now "enhanced" by CC info out of the mains (still with me?
).

I have only played with this a bit but there seems to be a significant boost to the Center Channel with this setting. I will run the calibration next to see how the level settings are affected. This is a bit "out there" and I can't imagine anyone being interested in this so I will cease posting this rather esoteric data. It is nice having a processor with this kind of flexibility.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Yeah I had the Parasound 7100 and while it was very nice the B&K Ref50 S2 beat it out easily so i switched. The B&K is extremely flexible. I actually put the B&K up against the C2 and it beat it out as well sound quality wise but the B&K does not have auto calibration which I wish it had. The C2 is a great processor though enjoy. J.H.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
y'all may be wondering if the c1/c2 will be upgradable to deal with the new HD audio formats--just got word from parasound customer service that there are no plans for an update to the internals/firmware--i guess 7.1ch analog will be the way to go until they come out with a new processor...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have been wondering about that. Thought they might come up with some solution to deal with HDMI/new audio formats. This is disappointing news. I was serioulsy considering the c1 or c2 to pair with my Halo A51 but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere. Not a lot of good choices out there at that price range IMO.

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
I love Parasound but the C1/C2 are a little long in the tooth but in thier defense they are probably waiting for Dolby True-HD/DTS-HD so they can design a new processor. I would rather buy a short term cheaper processor and wait for a new processor with DolbyTRUE-HD and DTS-HD down the line. Thier amps still rock though. Designed by John Curl and sound fantastic.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.H. /forum/post/0

Thier amps still rock though. Designed by John Curl and sound fantastic.

I am considering the Parasound A 52 and A 23 amps for my 7 channel Jamo D6 system. I was wondering how they would compare to the Anthem A2 & A5 and the Rotel 1080 & 1095 combos.

Anybody done any comparisons with the above? How do the Parasound, Anthem and Rotel amps generally compare to each other?

·
Banned
3,669 Posts
Well I don't know about those other brands but the Halo Parasound line is one of the finest.They make great amps. also check out B&K amps they are very,very good as well. I have the B&K processor and its amazing.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
No sweat Rob....the C1 is definitely one of the nicest pieces I've heard during my research the past few months...extremely accurate with good dynamics in HT and very musical.

If I hadn't found my Proceed AVP2+6, I would be using one right now

ps- have you read to see if you can re-assign one of the aux outputs to a second "stereo" sub? usually in that mode, you can tell the ssp where the XO point is.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo /forum/post/0

No sweat Rob....the C1 is definitely one of the nicest pieces I've heard during my research the past few months...extremely accurate with good dynamics in HT and very musical.

If I hadn't found my Proceed AVP2+6, I would be using one right now

ps- have you read to see if you can re-assign one of the aux outputs to a second "stereo" sub? usually in that mode, you can tell the ssp where the XO point is.

Hi Sherv,

I am not running the subs stereo and likely won't do this as the cable runs to the oposite side of the room are a problem (slab floors and 20' ceilings
). The Fathom subs have a Master/Slave multi sub config. that works well with their ARO room EQ. I'm getting a new CC speaker that is capable of near 30Hz output so my default 80 Hz Xover should be fine.

I'm looking forward to your comments on the AVP2.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! /forum/post/0

Hi Sherv,

I am not running the subs stereo and likely won't do this as the cable runs to the oposite side of the room are a problem (slab floors and 20' ceilings
). The Fathom subs have a Master/Slave multi sub config. that works well with their ARO room EQ. I'm looking forward to your comments on the AVP2.

I'm getting a new CC speaker that is capable of near 30Hz output so my default 80 Hz Xover should be fine.

yup...I keep forgetting you upgraded to the Twin Fathoms...doh!
....the ARO in master/slave will behave much better, as ARO takes care of the EQ and location of the subs in that instance. My bad...keep thinking you still have the twin EPs.

i will post comments on the avp2+6 soon, although I gave some teasers on Zissou's thread....by far the most musical ssp I've heard to date, bar none. You are now in the realm of diminishing returns IMO, but if money is no object (and certain connectivity issues are not a problem either, as this piece is a bit old and discontinued), it is hard to beat. The Halo C1 was close, and a few others were very good as well (aragon, bryston sp71, etc), but I was hestitant with all the "hype"...I'm glad I was wrong..this thing is all it has been cracked up to be.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon Malik /forum/post/0

I am considering the Parasound A 52 and A 23 amps for my 7 channel Jamo D6 system. I was wondering how they would compare to the Anthem A2 & A5 and the Rotel 1080 & 1095 combos.

Anybody done any comparisons with the above? How do the Parasound, Anthem and Rotel amps generally compare to each other?

anthem and parasound are probably on par with the rotel a shade short on detail. you probably get a bit more in class a with the parasound than the anthems--have not heard their (anthem)amps--what kind of pre? parasound amps go like hotcakes on a-gon and ebay--generally well regarded--in various forums they seem to cme up as a recommendation far more often than the anthem amps but like I said I havent heard anthem. You may want to check out bryston as well--superb amps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.