AVS Forum banner

6301 - 6320 of 6663 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
The A52+ seems to be a very nice amp, after adding two more atmos speakers two my system I was thinking about adding the 52+ to my system to take some of the load off my receiver but not sure if I can configure the amp with my receiver.

What receiver? Assuming it has preamp outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
What receiver? Assuming it has preamp outs.

I have a Yamaha 3060 but the manual isn't very clear when it comes to adding external amps. I have a two channel amp running my towers.I know you can use a two channel amp for the front towers or rear presence. I would like to ad a five channel amp if possible.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have a Yamaha 3060 but the manual isn't very clear when it comes to adding external amps. I have a two channel amp running my towers.I know you can use a two channel amp for the front towers or rear presence. I would like to ad a five channel amp if possible.

I don’t see any issues. See page 40 of the manual. Just be sure not to hook up speakers to any channels that use the pre outs.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sensitivity Switch question

I have the a21. To make the audio turn on feature work at lower audio levels, should I be turning the dial counter clockwise towards the 12 value?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the a21. To make the audio turn on feature work at lower audio levels, should I be turning the dial counter clockwise towards the 12 value?
The dial is a sensitivity dial. full counter clockwise is at its most sensitive position. This will trigger the amp on with a lower signal. Sometimes if there are spikes in the AC from other appliances turning on or off it can false trigger the amp to turn itself on when no audio signal is present. If this is the case then using the 12V trigger is recommended. In most scenarios 12V triggers are more dependable then any type of audio sensing triggers.

·
Registered
148 Posts

I am running a Denon but recently bought the A21.

Yes, crank the dials on the back to the maximum position. (It should actually say, “THX level” or something like that.

When I first bought the A21 and hooked it up, I was very disappointed as I didn’t notice anything and figured that I did something wrong.

Once I cranked the dials up, things changed for the better.

·
Registered
676 Posts
He's not talking about the gain - he's talking about auto turn on sensitivity.

Reactions: WAFWarrior

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
For audio trigger, the A 21 manual recommends starting at 12 o'clock, making sure the switch is in the up position. I suspect counter clockwise may be less sensitive, clockwise more sensitive, but I've never tried moving from top dead center on my previous A 21 or current JC 1s.

·
Registered
233 Posts
For audio trigger, the A 21 manual recommends starting at 12 o'clock, making sure the switch is in the up position. I suspect counter clockwise may be less sensitive, clockwise more sensitive, but I've never tried moving from top dead center on my previous A 21 or current JC 1s.
Just to clarify, there have been postings that are talking about 2 different topics.

1.Auto turn on by audio sensing and the sensitivity control.

1. The auto turn on by audio sensing. The sensitivity control is at its most sensitive position when turned fully counter clockwise. This means a lower volume (or mV) signal will trigger the amp to turn on.

&

2. Input attenuation controls labeled "gain" on the rear panel.

2. The rear panel channel input attenuators. or gain controls on the Halo A21 are labeled THX Reference at the max or fully clockwise position.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about this or anything else Parasound related. When in doubt call your local authorized dealer or Parasound's tech department. 415-397-7100

·
Registered
17 Posts
Need some advice on amp upgrade advice for my dolby atmos heights. Setup is in my signature

I am currently using an old Krell KAV-500 and i am not sure how long it is going to last. My issue with the Krell is that it runs extremely hot, more than my A21 even when not in use. I am not sure i want to invest another $600 in sending it for servicing.

Here are my options
1) Get an A51 and migrate the A52+ to handle the heights (Will need to add additional cooling as i have heard the A51 does run warm).
2) Get another A52+
3) Get 2 x A23+
4) Do nothing until something happens to the Krell

I am looking for the best option in terms on value and at the moment leaning towards #2 or #3 though i don't want to look away from #1 .

Please let me know if it would be best to create a separate thread for this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Looking for advice; Hint6 or P6/A23+ combo for a 2 channel La Scala II setup? I've read some reviews where people think the separates preformed better even though the two are essentially the same.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The A-23+ will have adjustable gain which, with the high sensitivity of the La Scalas, might be worthwhile.

I went with the separates myself, largely to have future flexibility if I ever chose to upgrade. I got the amp 2 days ago, and so far the combo has been wonderful.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Can anyone tell me the differences between the a23 and the 2250v2 new classic?

The A23 is part of Parasound’s higher-end Halo line; where the 2250v2 is part of their more reasonably priced New Classic series. The A23 has around half as much power as the 2250... that’s why you are seeing them priced approximately the same.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I recently bought a Parasound HCA 1500A 2 Ch amp that is paired with my Denon x4200 receiver (Front L,R towers are connected to the Parasound).Yesterday I did A/B testing with movies and music and I could not hear a difference. Is there something I am missing or could it be that both amps are about the same?

·
Registered
469 Posts
The A23 is part of Parasound’s higher-end Halo line; where the 2250v2 is part of their more reasonably priced New Classic series. The A23 has around half as much power as the 2250... that’s why you are seeing them priced approximately the same.

Ok thanks

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I recently bought a Parasound HCA 1500A 2 Ch amp that is paired with my Denon x4200 receiver (Front L,R towers are connected to the Parasound).Yesterday I did A/B testing with movies and music and I could not hear a difference. Is there something I am missing or could it be that both amps are about the same?

I am not familiar with the HCA1500A but IMO preamp or processor has a bigger impact than amps on reasonable to drive speakers. In both cases, your Denon is acting as prepro ahead of either the Parasound amp or internal Denon amps. The other unknown is the preout section of the Denon.
What are your speakers and configuration? Off loading your Denon’s power supply might help on multichannel music. Have you tried that?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
I am not familiar with the HCA1500A but IMO preamp or processor has a bigger impact than amps on reasonable to drive speakers. In both cases, your Denon is acting as prepro ahead of either the Parasound amp or internal Denon amps. The other unknown is the preout section of the Denon.
What are your speakers and configuration? Off loading your Denon’s power supply might help on multichannel music. Have you tried that?

I have SVS Prime towers crossed at 80hz. Also how do I off load the Denon power supply?

6301 - 6320 of 6663 Posts