AVS Forum banner

6381 - 6400 of 6663 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Generally speaking the A31's performance is not constrained when plugged into the conditioner while powering your KEFs. If you use the amp on a different outlet than the rest of the equipment there is a much higher chance for a difference in ground potential which can result in humming or buzz. This could be the reason you had trouble with HDMI cables in the past. I suggest trying to keep everything on one circuit if possible. Keep in mind that under normal circumstances the A31 does not come close to its full power output on all 3 channels at once. If you need more information please contact our tech department.

Service Department contact and hours
Parasound's San Francisco Technical Department is open 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. Pacific Time.
[email protected]
415-397-7100
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I feel I experience the same benefits you listed running my front 5 speakers ( wide / L / C /R / wide ) with an A 52+, and my Denon X8500H. My Denon now just powers the side and rear surrounds, and 4 ceiling speakers. All my speakers are Martin Logan 4 ohm Motion speakers. I can run the volume higher, and the system sounds cleaner and less fatiguing. All my guests have commented on how the audio sounds even better with movie soundtracks. For me, the A 52+ seems like the perfect fit power wise for my room.
Patiently waiting for my new entertainment stand to get finished by a friend so I can hook up the A52+ I ordered a month ago. I'm hoping it will boost my Klipsch 7II's, 64II, and RS62II's. It's been hard looking at the box knowing I can't hook it up yet. I did pull it out and inspect it though. It's a beautiful piece of gear to say the least.

Reactions: Craig Peer

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Since I've freed up my avr from the L,R mains I notice for movies I need to have it at -15 volume with the hca 1500a amp. Is this because I now have more headroom?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi,

There is anyone with a P6 and A21 that can tell wich volume level starts to get really loud ?

What is the volume for normal use, most of the time ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a new A21+ which seems to function properly but the rear gain controls have different feels. One is easy to turn but the other is noticeably tighter. Does anyone else have this experience? Other than that the build quality seems to be exceptional :)

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an A23+ to add to my Yamaha A2080 AVR. It seems this would be a good incremental step towards separates if I choose to do so in the future. With the A23+ I could then add a P6 or possibly a NAD C658 (preamp, streamer, DAC with Dirac Live room correction) that could be separated into a 2.0 to 2.2 channel music only system at some point.

Does anyone have any experience adding the A23 or A23+ to AVR pre-outs? What kind of performance boost might I expect? Thanks for any input.
I've been using the a23+ to drive my GE one.r's with very nice results for about 4 months now. really a nice little amp...nice bang for buck as well

...I guess it's nice:p

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Older guy (50+) New to the forum just getting back in to a 2.1 system.

I generally prefer separates but the Hint 6 is a very nice integrated package. However, the A23+ and the P6 look like a very nice set up for about the same amount of money.

So, the question is, Integrated or Separates?

(This system will be in a 10x25 man cave with Kef LS50 speakers).

Thanks for the input.

Jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did read post 6313 where a similar question was asked, the answer was that the A23+ will provide variable gain.

The main reason I am asking about Hint6 vs A23+ and P6 is that Parasound claims there should be no difference in sound. Has anyone found a comparison that compares these setups?

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've been using the a23+ to drive my GE one.r's with very nice results for about 4 months now. really a nice little amp...nice bang for buck as well

...I guess it's nice:p
Sweet picture of that A23+! I really like the contrast of the amp, the stand, and the great color carpet. Very nice. :) Appreciate the input. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Arcam AS30 when it is released this fall to get everything in one box, especially Dirac... We'll see though. :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
I did read post 6313 where a similar question was asked, the answer was that the A23+ will provide variable gain.

The main reason I am asking about Hint6 vs A23+ and P6 is that Parasound claims there should be no difference in sound. Has anyone found a comparison that compares these setups?

Thanks,

Jim
FYI, when I was researching I too found it difficult to find comparisons. I was thinking of the same combo or at least a Parasound amp with the NAD C658 or miniDSP HD to get Dirac into my system. Not trying to confuse you more but you mayyyy want to consider the P6 and A21+ if you can spring it because I saw a thread where the designer of both the A23+ and A21+ mentioned you'll get quite a bit better "audiophile" experince with it. But I'm sure the A23+ would be really sweet too. I saw one guy mention when he added the P6 pre-amp to his A23 (coming from Musical Fidelity pre-amp) it was the best setup he'd heard in 40 years. Good luck! :) (the following review does not compare it to P6 A23+ separates but maybe there's comments that do)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi,

There is anyone with a P6 and A21 that can tell wich volume level starts to get really loud ?

I have A21 and have it maxed out. Mine calls that setting the “THX level,” both in the manual and next to the gain on the rear of the unit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi,

I have A21 and have it maxed out. Mine calls that setting the “THX level,” both in the manual and next to the gain on the rear of the unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the input, now awaiting delivery of a P6 and A23+ (21+ was out of the budget).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Exciting. I'd like to hear your impressions when you have a chance. What speakers will you be using?
I will use a set of Kef LS50's and use a Marantz ND8006 to stream music. I have not decided what turntable to purchase yet.

Like I posted originally, all will go into a new shop w/mancave that is being finished now. It will be a few more weeks until I can get in and set it all up. In our home I currently have a Marantz NR1609 powering a 3.1 system with 3 LS50's + 10" sub for AV duty. I think the 50 w/ch of the Marantz are a little weak for the LS50's.

Growing up in the early '70's and going to many concerts my hearing at the top end is dropping off so I enjoy the clear/brightness of the LS50's. I can't wait to hear them combined with the Parasound setup.

I will update when the mancave is up and running.

Jim

·
Registered
232 Posts
I will use a set of Kef LS50's and use a Marantz ND8006 to stream music. I have not decided what turntable to purchase yet.

Like I posted originally, all will go into a new shop w/mancave that is being finished now. It will be a few more weeks until I can get in and set it all up. In our home I currently have a Marantz NR1609 powering a 3.1 system with 3 LS50's + 10" sub for AV duty. I think the 50 w/ch of the Marantz are a little weak for the LS50's.

Growing up in the early '70's and going to many concerts my hearing at the top end is dropping off so I enjoy the clear/brightness of the LS50's. I can't wait to hear them combined with the Parasound setup.

I will update when the mancave is up and running.

Jim
Great setup. I recently got into audio about 6-8 moths ago and ended up with KEF R3's and Dual Rythmik subs driven by a Yamaha A2080 AVR. My next upgrade will be better amplification hence my interest in the Parasound amps/integrated amps. I'm most likely going to get the Arcam SA30 integrated amp when it comes out this fall (Dirac room correction, MQA, 120W class G) but am still interested in Parasound too.

I can relate to the upper freqs. I have the 8-10K plus hearing loss notch courtesy of the USMC rifle range and training and being in aviation maintenance for the last 20 or so years. Plus a little of everpresent tinnitus. :)

I have to say, even with all that I absolutely love what I hear from my R3's, even what I hear of the upper freqs sound magic and clear to me. Mid range is magic, holographic image... It crosses my mind to try LS50's plus subs for the increased concentration of the midrange and treble. It's a fun journey!

Have fun getting setup!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks for the input, now awaiting delivery of a P6 and A23+ (21+ was out of the budget).
The post you're referring to was mine and I went the same route, very happy with the separates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone is using parasound A21+ or JC 5 to power Martin Logan renaissance 15A ?
Can 500 watts to 4 ohms on A21+ vs 600 watts 4 ohms make any difference
Currently I have P6 and A21+ combo

·
Oppo Beta Group
11,496 Posts
Based solely on power, the 500 to 600 is .6 dB. There may be other factors though since the 1'st watt is the most important one.

- Rich

·
Registered
2,008 Posts

I upgraded from an ADCOM GFA5500 (350W @ 4 ohms) to a Parasound JC5 (600W @ 4 ohms) driving my Martin Logan Quest Z ESL speakers and noticed a significant improvement. As others have mentioned, the point isn't to make them louder, but to drive a low-impedance load with a well-damped, low source impedance amplifier. In my opinion the lower output impedance of the JC5 is significant, and this would apply to a comparison against the A21+; more output transistors in the JC5.

I haven't personally tried the A21+, although it was a consideration when I decided to go for the JC5. Reading online and Youtube reviews they say the A21+ is good, but the JC5 is better. Unfortunately it isn't practical to run these experiments yourself.

6381 - 6400 of 6663 Posts