AVS Forum banner

6741 - 6760 of 6783 Posts

·
Registered
Klipsch & JTR & Anthem & Parasound & good music & movies makes for some unforgettable memories!
227 Posts
So the speaker wire going to the left and right mains has to be swapped only. Whatever is easiest for you, amplifier end or speaker end. You can use the suspect music you were listening to when you noticed the sound difference, or the white noise provided by your avr/processor(some disks have this as well). After, it can be hooked up correctly again. Make sure your positives and negatives are proper with the speaker wire.

Best
Ok so not the rca cables, got it. Also another question. What are the chances of me running into this so called clipping problem with the Parasound a31 and my klipsch speakers, the rf7iii and the rc64iii?

·
Registered
Klipsch & JTR & Anthem & Parasound & good music & movies makes for some unforgettable memories!
227 Posts
What are the chances of me running into this so called clipping problem with the Parasound a31 and my klipsch speakers, the rf7iii and the rc64iii?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I’ve heard of this thing called clipping. It’s when a power amp starts basically messing up and makes your speaker sound bad. Something your speakers are requiring too much voltage or power from the power amp that it can’t supply them or something. Was wondering if my speaker would do this to my parasound and if it’s a good pair of the two. It’s when a power amp starts clipping is what it’s called.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all. I'm really new to this. I have a 7.2.4 system currently all being ran from an Integra receiver. I've be thinking about adding either an A51 or A52+ to power my LRC and surrounds. I'm not sure i need the power of the A51 so I'm leaning towards the A52+. I know this is probably a silly question but what amp would you use to power the rest of system? I like stuff to match and i don't see another amp in the Parasound line-up that would seem to do what i need. I know the receiver is capable but id like to upgrade to a processor soon as well. Thanks

·
Oppo Beta Group
10,727 Posts
I’ve heard of this thing called clipping. It’s when a power amp starts basically messing up and makes your speaker sound bad. Something your speakers are requiring too much voltage or power from the power amp that it can’t supply them or something. Was wondering if my speaker would do this to my parasound and if it’s a good pair of the two. It’s when a power amp starts clipping is what it’s called.
I'd suggest you do some reading to get up to speed on some of these subjects; Google searches are a great way to look up reference information. Here's a Wikipedia link that provides some information on clipping to help get you started.

Your Klipsch speakers are efficient enough that you really shouldn't run into any clipping issues with Parasound amps. You would probably need to be playing music at painful levels to get to that point. But if you hear the sound start to distort, you need to turn the volume level down before you damage something (including your ears).

·
Registered
310 Posts
As someone with an A31 driving 3 speakers slightly larger and slightly less efficient than yours (Paradigm Studio 100s and CC-690), I'll say you'll effectively never get clipping with your setup. You'll blow out your eardrums long before this amp clips. At ear-splitting levels my amp barely even gets warm.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hello all. I'm really new to this. I have a 7.2.4 system currently all being ran from an Integra receiver. I've be thinking about adding either an A51 or A52+ to power my LRC and surrounds. I'm not sure i need the power of the A51 so I'm leaning towards the A52+. I know this is probably a silly question but what amp would you use to power the rest of system? I like stuff to match and i don't see another amp in the Parasound line-up that would seem to do what i need. I know the receiver is capable but id like to upgrade to a processor soon as well. Thanks
Well, if you want the cosmetics to match, what about a second A52+ plus an A23+? You need 11 channels, so that would add up to 12. That's your cheapest option with the Halo line, I think. That's a lot of $$$ and overkill, so if you want a more practical setup, use just one A52+ and power everything else with an AVR. You don't need much juice for Atmos speakers.

·
Registered
18,674 Posts
Well, if you want the cosmetics to match, what about a second A52+ plus an A23+? You need 11 channels, so that would add up to 12. That's your cheapest option with the Halo line, I think. That's a lot of $$$ and overkill, so if you want a more practical setup, use just one A52+ and power everything else with an AVR. You don't need much juice for Atmos speakers.
That's exactly what I'm doing - an A 52+ running my W / L / C / R / W speakers, and my Denon X8500 running the 4 surrounds and 4 ceiling speakers. In a 385 square foot / 3516 cubic foot dedicated theater, I have a lot of power to drive my Martin Logan Motion series speakers!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'd suggest you do some reading to get up to speed on some of these subjects; Google searches are a great way to look up reference information. Here's a Wikipedia link that provides some information on clipping to help get you started.

Your Klipsch speakers are efficient enough that you really shouldn't run into any clipping issues with Parasound amps. You would probably need to be playing music at painful levels to get to that point. But if you hear the sound start to distort, you need to turn the volume level down before you damage something (including your ears).
I’m well aware of google and Ya I already did a little bit was just last and wanted your guys opinion also.

·
Registered
227 Posts
As someone with an A31 driving 3 speakers slightly larger and slightly less efficient than yours (Paradigm Studio 100s and CC-690), I'll say you'll effectively never get clipping with your setup. You'll blow out your eardrums long before this amp clips. At ear-splitting levels my amp barely even gets warm.
Ok thank you sir. That’s what I thought.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi!

I have had an A51 for over a decade and just added an A52+, which with timbre matched speakers works perfectly in my current 9.1.2 setup. I am going to 9.1.6, however, with an HTP-1 PrePr0. The non Halo amped speaker is currently supplied by my Sherwood 972, in amp mode only. The 972 should do the same for the additional chhannels.

If anyone has an A52+ for sale, please PM me, as I might consider all Halo power, but really not needed, IMHO as most additional channels will not be tombre matched anyway. OTOH, there might be some new offerings from HALO in very short order...

Thank you very much

FURY

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just hooked up a Parasound A52+ to power my front three speakers. I have to say I am underwhelmed. Clarity, detail retrieval and imaging are great, but bass punch lacks...punch. I have Axiom Audio M5HP bookshelf speakers and they can punch out some bass even with a Denon receiver and Yamaha MX-A5200 amp I had for a while. I don't get nearly the same kind of bass punch from the Parasound. Does the Parasound need to break in or am I getting what I'm going to get? The Parasound manual says to use the XLR inputs over the RCA inputs for better performance so I have three XLR cables on order, but I doubt that is going to kickstart the bass. Any thoughts? Maybe I got a dud?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just hooked up a Parasound A52+ to power my front three speakers. I have to say I am underwhelmed. Clarity, detail retrieval and imaging are great, but bass punch lacks...punch. I have Axiom Audio M5HP bookshelf speakers and they can punch out some bass even with a Denon receiver and Yamaha MX-A5200 amp I had for a while. I don't get nearly the same kind of bass punch from the Parasound. Does the Parasound need to break in or am I getting what I'm going to get? The Parasound manual says to use the XLR inputs over the RCA inputs for better performance so I have three XLR cables on order, but I doubt that is going to kickstart the bass. Any thoughts? Maybe I got a dud?
That don’t make sense to me. When I compared the bass from my anthem mrx720 to my Parasound a31 my Parasound definitely gave it some extra bass and took better control of it. Yours has a little less power than mine. Are you powering all 5 speakers at once with it? I doubt it’s something wrong with the amp but who knows. I would switch it up and go back to your old amp and test it again between the two or just turn the bass up.

·
Registered
404 Posts
That don’t make sense to me. When I compared the bass from my anthem mrx720 to my Parasound a31 my Parasound definitely gave it some extra bass and took better control of it. Yours has a little less power than mine. Are you powering all 5 speakers at once with it? I doubt it’s something wrong with the amp but who knows. I would switch it up and go back to your old amp and test it again between the two or just turn the bass up.
Me neither. The old amps are gone.

·
Registered
404 Posts
only running 3 channels

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
I need to check, but whatever was set at the factory. What would you recommend setting the gain at? I just changed speakers to some Polk lsi9s and the bass reappeared. The polks are harder to drive than the Axioms.

·
Registered
404 Posts
There is no gain setting on the back of the amp.

6741 - 6760 of 6783 Posts