AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do parental lock in dvd players really work?

I've tried setting parental lock to level 0 or 1 (meaning G or PG, I guess - some players use just numbers, others use MPAA ratings) and secured it with PIN code.

However, I can still play any disc I like. Parental lock doesn't seem to have any effect. Also Windows XP and Media Player 10 doesn't care about setting, even though I've created limited user account as advised by online help.

I live in Europe, but I've tried this both R2 and region-free players, both R1 and R2 discs.

Usually on R1 discs there are G, PG, PG-13, R etc. logos on back of the case, but do they really refer to parental control setting, or are they just information for the buyer?

What am I doing wrong? Where is the catch?

Just curious,

Peter007

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No replies so far ... I guess nobody uses parental lock anyway.

Last night I went through my dvd collection and finally found a few R1 discs (and just one R2 disc) which had rating. They all were old, made before year 2000.

Obviously parental rating works, but nobody is interested about it and therefore it has died. RIP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.