AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the color behind your Parkland screen make any difference? In other words should the backing material be white to reflect more light etc? I've heard that light shows through the Parkland so I wonder if the backing color becomes an issue.

Thanks - Cryo

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cryofax
Does the color behind your Parkland screen make any difference? In other words should the backing material be white to reflect more light etc? I've heard that light shows through the Parkland so I wonder if the backing color becomes an issue.
I think if you see this material you will no longer have this question. I do not think you will have any problems or a need for a backing of any sort.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joebwan
... I do not think you will have any problems or a need for a backing of any sort.
Quote:
Originally posted by coolhand
Yes, I believe there is a need for backing or the material will warp which becomes unbearable.
With the score tied up in a 1 all draw, it looks like we will be going into extra time ..... :D

Cryofax, just to clarify, you are talking about backing material (blackout, velvet) as opposed to bracing for your frame, are you not?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
If I post again do I win?

Be very careful adding a support. I may very well have ruined my $50 parkland when I attached it incorrectly. I would still figure a weay to attach a backing but it looks like most people are having trouble doing this.

·
Registered
976 Posts
when building my parkland i painted the wood white only to find it was useless once i put the glue on and it was a brown color and covered all my white..

chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.