AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im planyin to build my screen for HT...so i came acroos these 2 poplualr choices....one being the Parkland Plastic and the other Curtain Blackout...My size is gona eb approx. 45*80 and both of these materials woudl offer tat...after i cut them a bit....

here are the advantges and disadvantges of both....tat i could find

Parkland Plastic: Very Easy to install, Easy to clean, Very Light, cheap

Cons: Sometimes could be very reflective espc. durin white scens

Blackout Material: Very Light, Cheap, HOlds the light in, Not refelcitve as Parkland PLasitc...

Cons: Cant be cleaned, Not tat easy to install,

My installation process is gona be easy for both since i have a wall tats not being used and if i get the Blackout Material i can rol it out and either Nail or Thumbtack it to the wall and cover the tacks or nail with my Black border...

so now i need to know if someone has expericed both of these screen and how their results were gona be...My pj is gona be Panny 75U and my light control in my room is gona be 9 out of 10...1 being on the sun and 10 being the place where the sun dont shine if u know wat i mean.....so any help would be appreicated and i decided to post here and in the screen departemtn to get response from both people.....thanks again:)

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Parkland is better image wise. Blackout fabric needs painting or it'll soak up a lot of light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.