AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a good deal on the HCA855. Does anyone have this amp and how do you like it? Thanks for any feedback guys.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey Dalton,

I auditioned Parasound amps awhile ago (eventually decided on Aragon amplification), and found them very good for the money paid. You won't go wrong with the 855 (bear in mind it's MSRP dropped to $699 recently, so it'll be easy to find in the $400 to $500 range) - though depending on your room and speakers (mainly, among other things), it may be a tad underpowered.

Hope this helps.

Christian

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Christian. My room isn't too large its about 12X25 but it is pretty open. My speakers are Klipsh KSF8.5's with KLF c7 center and KSF 8.5's for the rears with a kscc1 rear center. All these speakers are high sensitivity. That should make things a little easier on the AMP right? I think it must be an improvement over my receiver in any case.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Christain,

I am going to be getting the new Outlaw 950 pre-amp. For now I am going to use my Marantz sr7200 as a preamp. I will power the rear center with the Marantz receiver and the rest of the channels will be powered by the Parasound. I got it for the Parasound for $389+$50 shipping. Did I get a good deal? Seemed pretty good to me. Looking forward to hooking it up:)

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
:)

-Shawn

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I got it from ubid. Why do you ask turbe? I have always had pretty good luck with them aside from them gouging you on shipping.

·
Registered
284 Posts
LOL.

$440 for a new (or is it a refurb?) Parasound amp? I don't think you have too much to worry about whether you've got a good value for the money - they're well made and almost bulletproof amps. Not too familiar with the Outlaw, but have you considered the Parasound PrePro (AVC-1800?). I played around with it when it first came out and it impressed me for what was asked for it. However, what I've heard about the Outlaw... it's got some competition... :p

Christian

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The AMP is brand new. From what i have read it sounds like a huge improvement over my receivers amp. S&V gave it high marks(they trashed my reciver though). I am really looking forward to hooking this amp up:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.