AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... hooked up my dish yesterday morning and everything seemed to be working ok. Recorded a show as a test and all was well.

Set the UTV to record the show "24" on my local Fox station and the recording started on time , but quit after 11 minutes. I was not around while the recording was in progress so I don't know if anything unusual happened.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
88 Posts
A few people have mentioned something similar. Did you have any power fluctuations? My sister's house had some faulty circuits that were causing some similar activity on her unit.

She had an eletrician fix the problem but until she did she used a battery back and that stopped the problem.

foghorn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... I'll just pass it off to first time strangeness .

FOX usually shows it again on Friday, but it wasn't on this weeks schedule. Although it is on FX on Sunday night and I'll catch it then.

Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
278 Posts
FOX was only showing '24' on Fridays when the show first came on the air to try to attract more viewers but hasn't done it in a long time (it gets bad enough ratings once a week, I'm sure they don't want to air it twice a week - don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite shows but it doesn't have much of a following (always one of the least popular shows in it's timeslot on Tuesday night)).

It does play again on FX Sunday and Monday nights at 11PM though.

If you want to confirm this in your area, you can just check on www.tvguide.com and do a search for it (or just search for it on UTV).

Hope this helps,

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.