AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted quite a few threads on my problem with the AP2496 passing out ac3 and dts signals to my prepro on Win2K. Well, I applied many of the patches and settings, and finally got it to work partially. Here was what I did(not in order):

Reinstalled Win2K upgrade and set to "Standard PC"

Removed ACPI in BIOS to unshare AGP port with AP2496

Installed Win2K SP2

Installed latest Radeon drivers(Oct 15th release)

Installed latest AP drivers(5.12.1.25)

Selected "S/PDIF Delta-AP" as preferred Sound Device in "Sounds and Multimedia Properties"

Selected "5.1 Surround Sound Speakers" In "Advanced Audio Properties"

Set Hardware Acceleration and Sample Rate Conversion Quality to max in "Advanced Audio Properties"

Set HW mixer S/PDIF to "Professional/Non-Audio"

Ensured H/W out 1/2 set to WavOut 1/2 and H/W out S/PDIF set to WavOut S/PDIF

Select S/PDIF output on all my SW DVD players(WinDVD 2.8, PowerDVD 2.55, ATI DVD 4.1)

Used DVD Genie to select S/PDIF for SW also.

After all this, WinDVD now works perfectly. Video output, as well as AC3 and DTS output all work fine.

However, PowerDVD, ATI DVD player and the PCFriendly player that came with my U-571 DVD still won't output either audio formats. I've already ensured that both the ATI 4.1 and PowerDVD 2.55 players were set to output S/PDIF, just like my WinDVD. I've also avoided the buggy PowerDVD 3.0 player which has a known issue with Win2K and AC3 passthrough, opting for an older PowerDVD 2.55. From all the searches and reading I've done on these Forums, it seems that I've done everything there is to do in order to get AC3/DTS working, but it still isn't working 100% yet. Is there something else I've forgotten?

Thanks!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hello Goi,

Sounds like you have done it all. I too was able to get WinDVD to output DD/DTS thru the AP2496 but unsuccessful with ATI player (I did not try PowerDVD). The only thing you have not done is install WinME :). Maybe some other knowledgeable forum members using Win2K, ATI Player and AP2496 will share their experiences. I stopped pursuing that avenue at the same point where you are presently at.

Good luck,

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.