AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just bought a Hsu TN1220. It already has an amplifier but it looks like a parts express amp. Are these amps any good? Would the HSU amp sound better that this amp paired with a TN1220? There is a HSU amp on ebay right now but if is not much better than on of these other amps then I don't need to worry about upgrading...Thanks in advance.

ART:p

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Hsu amps are made specifically for the Hsu subs. They have a built in equalization circuitry to extend the Hsu subs frequency response another 1/2 octave lower. If you were to use another amp, like the one you have now, you would need to purchase the bass optimizer to achieve this same function. The bass optimizer would set you back an additional $100.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Do the Hsu amps basically just set the gain higher the lower the frequency you go to compensate for the hill on the frequency range?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know the exact model yet but it looks like the 250W one. I won it on ebay tonite. I think I just need a seperate sub to give me some reall bass in my new living room, for now. There is also a Hsu amp I think I can get but if it really is not that much better maybe the bass optimizer is the way to go and save a couple of bucks. I am going this route becuase I want to get some rockets in the near future but I need bass now!!! and I need to save some money.

ART

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.