Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at the parts list for the AE100.
http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/Epartr...istChoice.asp?

Punch in PT-ae100 for model.

The most expensive pc board is $300+ dollars. So lets see - worst case condition - buy JP ae100 - if it doesn't fail - super happy! If it does fail - pay local auth PAnny shop labor to diagnose problem , then pay for parts - and if it is a bad board - maybe only have total out-of-pocket expense of $400-500 versus sending to japan. So if I calculate right - One major repair of JP AE100 should put me close to where I would be if I bought USA PT-AE100 model assuming the guts of the projector are indeed the same components . Any thoughts?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I imagine that may "void" the warranty in Japan if they wanna play hardball.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:
I imagine that may "void" the warranty in Japan if they wanna play hardball.
Well, I am reasonably sure the point was brought up for discussing repair vs "sending back for repair" or when the warranty expires....Not as a stopgap measure per se.....

its a parallel argument....

·
Registered
136 Posts
The only thing I did not see on here was the power supply, which is really what I am interested in seeing as this may be a problem on earlier models. Or is the PSU listed with something else?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Is one of these the PSU?

TNPA2343 PC BOARD W/COMPONENT 58.39

TNPA2388 PC BOARD W/COMPONENT 10.81

TXANP01VJJ3 PC BOARD W/COMPONENT 325.08

TXANP03VJJ3 PC BOARD W/COMPONENT 31.72

TXANPBQVJJ3 PC BOARD W/COMPONENT 223.33

TNPA2361 PC BOARD W/COMPONENT 77.56

If someone has their AE100 in pieces, can you please take a look at the PSU board and look for a part number?

Keith.

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Hmmm, add up all the parts and make your own ;)

Too bad thats not cheaper :cool:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Two optical blocks are listed:

TXFEN99VJJ3 OPTICAL BLOCK $611.80

TXFEN99VJJ3A OPTICAL BLOCK $611.80

The LCD's are probably included in one of the PC board assemblies, but don't know which one.

Keith.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OK, I have my TH-AE100 apart right now. After over 3 months and 400 hours of usage, my AE100 died - no red light, nothing. Nothing had changed as far as operating conditions - it's been ceiling mounted in my basement where it is never too hot. Seemed like a power supply fuse blew, so I've taken the cover off and have extracted the power supply: the circuit board has a part number of TNPA2360 on it (also has Mitsumi Elec Co., LTD printed on it). The parts list on the Panasonic web site has a TNPA2361 listed, but doesn't describe what it is. TNPA2360 doesn't show up under a parts search. Maybe the 2361 is a newer or US version of the PSU, maybe not.

Anyway, replacing the 250V 5 Amp fuses (there's 2 or them) didn't help - still nothing. I would think that if the PSU was the problem that the fuses would have blown... I don't know. The circuit board does have brownish color around some of the solder connections - I'm not sure if that is abnormal in a PSU.

Any ideas on what to do?

I called panasonic usa and am awaiting a response, we'll see how helpful they are.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow I really hope you can figure it out yourself! That way you don't have to worry about all the shipping and waiting on your projectors return.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.