AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm looking for a receiver for a specific purpose, and am struggling to find the right one. I'm going from a PS3 via hdmi with content that is 24p w/ 5.1.

I'm looking for a receiver that has the following:

xvColor / Deep Color

PCM support

Pass Through

24p support

It seems like I can find a couple that have a few of the above requirements, but arent listed as having all, even though they might. So, I'm turning to this community (again) for help.

The units I'm focusing on right now are:

Onkyo TX-SR507

Denon AVR-1610

Yammaha RX-V465

All of the above have support for xvColor and Deep Color. PCM, pass through and 24p support is where I'm running into issues. Any advice or resources would be very helpful. Or perhaps I've got it all wrong ....

Thanks.

·
Registered
22,494 Posts
Any AVR that is HDMI 1.3b will likely support all that stuff except pass-through when the unit is off. Pass-through in standby mode is rare, but is becoming more common.

xvColor / Deep Color has no practical value.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/16941824

Any AVR that is HDMI 1.3b will likely support all that stuff except pass-through when the unit is off. Pass-through in standby mode is rare, but is becoming more common.

xvColor / Deep Color has no practical value.

Thanks for the 1.3b info - I'll begin looking for units with the spec. Pass through isnt really a huge deal, but the 24p support is.

As for xv / deep support, I'd have to disagree (granted most people dont need it). I'm running a 4:2:2 color file output via ps3 (which supports xv / deep over its 1.3b ) to a 10 bit 1.7bn color LCD. So for me it's very important

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.