AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who wants a Passive 3D Projector announced at CEDIA? I know the LG CF3D is out there, but I would like something closer to the $5K mark. While I want 1080P, a brighter picuture is more desirable for what little 3D I would be watching. I also don't know if anyone is producing a passive 3D projector with RealD tech. The only thing I have read on that so far is from Samsung.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowellG /forum/post/20872688

Am I the only one who wants a Passive 3D Projector announced at CEDIA? I know the LG CF3D is out there, but I would like something closer to the $5K mark. While I want 1080P, a brighter picuture is more desirable for what little 3D I would be watching. I also don't know if anyone is producing a passive 3D projector with RealD tech. The only thing I have read on that so far is from Samsung.

Not many want the problem/expense of having 2 screens to watch 3D. Would you have a fixed screen for 2D and a roll down for 3D or "suffer hot spotting" with a silver screen for 2D? Half horizontal resolution could be more obvious/problematic on a large screen.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William /forum/post/20873248

Not many want the problem/expense of having 2 screens to watch 3D. Would you have a fixed screen for 2D and a roll down for 3D or "suffer hot spotting" with a silver screen for 2D? Half horizontal resolution could be more obvious/problematic on a large screen.

Half horizontal resolution is not relevant for projectors. That's TVs that have a filter that polarizes every other line in different directions. Passive PJs doesn't work like that and the LG has full HD in 3D for each eye.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.