AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tc-3000 12 inch sub laying around that i am going to be building a box for soon. Well my plan is to try passive radiators. It allows me to keep a small box and i havent done a sub with prs yet. The problem is that i was going to go with vmps, and it looks like they are too expensive now and not going to be easy to get with the shape tc sounds(audiopulse) is in. My question is do any of you guys know of some good alternatives? Ive done some searches and havent found anything that mentions alternatives. I found some dayton prs from parts express but have no idea if they are any good and will work with my solution. I am trying to stay away from 18" PRs since it will cause my enclosure to be bigger. I would go ported but you have to have such a long port to get a nice low tune. I keep going back to sealed but i just dont know. Ive done sealed enclosures enough. So if anyone has any alternatives it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Registered
853 Posts
first I'd like to suggest going and reading the PR FAQ that we have put up. It lost the formatting with our recent update to the forum, but it's still all there:

http://www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2/vie....php?f=4&t=549

Ideally you'd want to go with a pair of 15" PR's for the 12" woofer. Send me a PM, we've done thousands of 15" and 18" PR's since 1999.

John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts