Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I recently got my black desktop case from digitalconnection.com in the mail (thanks guys!!). I have been planning on using a passive vga (zalman) cooler to replace the fan on a radeon 7500. I figured a case fan would be necessary. I don't mind this because case fans are quiet where as those tiny 3-4cm fans are LOUD! I have a case fan in mind, it's once I've used before and in my opinion is quiet. However it's an 8cm fan, and this case only has room for a 4-5cm fan.

I should mention I bought the 'modified' version which comes with some noise dampening material (which will obviously act as insulation) and it comes with a silenced PSU with the fan on the inside of the case rather than facing the outside. So I imagine that there won't be much air flow, and a passive heat sink may struggle. So a case fan would probably be a good idea.

Do you guys think I should get one of those quiet 60mm fans from www.directron.com and attach it however I can, maybe dremel out the whole fan area and put a fan grill too?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated,

Rosco

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.