AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a line of home audio receivers on the market that support changing the source/input while the receiver is powered off or otherwise in some type of standby mode (not fully powered on).

I have four a/v devices now running through my receiver with one hdmi cable output going back to my tv. I don't always want the receiver powered on, and this setup now works great for watching tv which is what I do 90% of the time. But the other 10% I'd like to watch a different source/input while still having the audio go through the tv.... so I don't want the receiver powered on.

I'm looking for anything in the

·
Registered
586 Posts
Some Pioneer Receiver's with "Standby Through" will allow this.

Here is the excerpt from the manual of my SC-1522k that describes this. Other models with Standby Through should be similar, but you should verify to be safe.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yamaha RX-475 (and up, I assume) have an HDMI-Through mode, but AFAIK, it will only pass the "current" HDMI selection through to the TV in standby. You can't change inputs unless you power-on the receiver, change the input, then go back to standby.

(in addition, The non-HDMI inputs/outputs are not active in Standby mode.)

HDMI passthrough is not enabled by default, but it is an easy setup option to change.

-Tony

·
Registered
13,266 Posts
A lot of modern AVRs have HDMI pass-through. Each brand has its own implementation. I know my Pioneer SC-1522 let you use the AVR remote to switch HDMI inputs without power up the AVR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat121  /t/1525144/passthrough-audio-video-while-receiver-powered-off#post_24551616

A lot of modern AVRs have HDMI pass-through. Each brand has its own implementation. I know my Pioneer SC-1522 let you use the AVR remote to switch HDMI inputs without power up the AVR.

Thanks everyone for replying. This actually didn't occur to me to try and switch inputs with the remote while the receiver was powered off. I tried it, Pioneer VSX-822, and it worked! I feel a little dumb now... but am just happy it works. Thanks again

·
Registered
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandalus  /t/1525144/passthrough-audio-video-while-receiver-powered-off#post_24551024

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a line of home audio receivers on the market that support changing the source/input while the receiver is powered off or otherwise in some type of standby mode (not fully powered on).

I have four a/v devices now running through my receiver with one hdmi cable output going back to my tv. I don't always want the receiver powered on, and this setup now works great for watching tv which is what I do 90% of the time. But the other 10% I'd like to watch a different source/input while still having the audio go through the tv.... so I don't want the receiver powered on.

I'm looking for anything in the

1 - 6 of 6 Posts