AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading another post about front speakers being too close to side walls. I'm very glad I did because I learned a lot. Anyway, I will be getting Paradigm Titans here in the very near future (like in a day or so), and they will be wall mounted in a front projection setup. How far away from the side walls do I need to put them in order to not affect sound quality? Below is what my front setup looks like:

||-------------------[____________Main Screen________________]-------------------||

I hope the above drawing is easy enough to understand. The distance from the left wall to the main screen is about 20 in. and the distance from the right wall to the main screen is about 18 in.

If mounting my new Titans on the wall on the left and right of the main screen with the above distances shown, am I going to have a problem with the Titans being too close to the side walls and thus affecting sound quality? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
My experience is that if you are less than 1 foot away from a back wall, you get some woofiness in male vocals.

If you are less than 2 feet away from a side wall you get wierd reflections.

In the ideal world, you would have your speakers separated from the back wall by at least 18", away from a CRT based TV about 6"-12", and separated from side walls by as much as possible (>36")

In short, you will probably get some SQ problems. Whether they are enough to annoy you is up to your ears :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.