AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked through several patch issues with the search engine, but didn't see this problem.....

I patched a new WD 120GB drive with rptv110BU.rtv which I downloaded today after following the FAQ links. Went through the patch instructions with no issues. But when I drop the drive in the 5040, it goes through boot-up and then freezes at the rainbow screen. The unit is unresponsive to Channel Guide, Replay Guide, on/off, etc., and a warm boot will repeat the process. Tried various jumper settings with no change. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Roy

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Pretty weird. All I can come up with is maybe you skipped the "Patch Target Drive" step. Start all over again. This time answer yes to all questions except for "do you want large clusters".

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've tried that patch this weekend as well and had the same problems. I think it is a bad file. I finally had to use an older version and let my Replay update to the newer software as it went through the setup.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by lizard_boy
This never would have happened when Mikeyboy was in charge.
hehe:D :D

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
We dont want large clusters on a 5xxx? I just did someone's 5xxx with large clusters.

Whats the difference? I forgot.

cow

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Large clusters are used to save RAM on legacy recorders. 4000 and up have plenty of RAM. There's no reason to deviate from standard cluster size.

Probably won't hurt to use large clusters, however, no one has taken the time to test them in newer recorders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.