·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going with Paulie.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Carmine gets whacked after Tony gets approval from NY. .Johnny Sac to take over the family and allign with Tony's family. Johnny showed some alliance to Tony during the meeting with Carmine and his meeting with Tony.

Or

Carmine Jr. might take out Tony...he didn't like that comment his father made about Tony being like a son to him.

Or....

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Yeah Adebar, I'd have added Carmine to the list also as that's who I think is going. Paulie and Johnnie might also, but I think Carmine is a goner...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know someone who worked post production on the show this past season. If you really want to know what happens...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Has anything this season had a logical progression?

Here's my whacking order

1-Carmella (I've had enough of her sorry love life)

2-Furio (He couldn't get far enough away from Jersey for me. This guy was incredible last year as a legitimate thug. Whoever tried to turn him into a women's idea of a loving man should be whacked as well)

3-Sylvio-(What the hell does this guy actually do? The fact that he can't even side-up next to some of the Bada-Bing strippers anymore makes him totally useless in my mind?)

Just my opinion-no need to vote.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Based on what happened last week, my guess is Carmine. But who knows? There are so many plot twists and turns on this show that by the end of the hour Tony could be mayor of Newark.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
There is also the possibility that Johnny Sack is setting up Tony and his crew, and really is still in with Carmine. They've made a point of showing Johnny Sack making "I'm not happy" faces in response to stuff that Carmine and Carmine's son and Tony have all said, just to keep us from reading him I think.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
You've got to be kidding. My Magic 8 Ball says "Johnny will be swimming with the fishes" as of Sunday night.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
The conversation between Johnny Sac and Tony made it seem like Johnny was going to make a move on Carmine. Who walks away from that attempt is anybody's guess. I'm leaning toward Johnny taking out Carmine.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was going put a Carmine vote in the poll, but it really does seem absurd. If you have read The Godfather, you would know how hard it is to get approval for a bosses offing. It is no easy task. Basically, everyone in the boss' crew and everyone in the opposing crew must be in favor of it. I don't think the Sopranos writers would be so naive and whack a boss just because a few characters have beef with him.

On the other hand, one character could become enraged and take him out without approval(a la ralphie).

Whatever happens, these writers are amazing. They constantly have us guessing. Good job to all the writers.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by FittenTrim
Its Christopher.

You heard it here first.
LOL!!! now that would be a twist...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jtm1471
I know someone who worked post production on the show this past season. If you really want to know what happens...

NO!! Please put big disclaimers all over the place if you do post it!

Whew, that was close!

;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I've got to admit, whoever ends up getting it, it'll be entertaining. What's worse is that I used to kid my wife for sneaking in a daytime soap opera from time to time...

John

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Followers of on-line Sopranos discussion may have seen this posted elsewhere, but what the heck.

So, where have we been and where is it all going? Let me tell you, as my Magic 8 Ball is feeling particularly keen tonight.

Finally! Paulie figures out that Johnny Sack is playing him like a finely tuned violin. The look at himself in the mirror was priceless (with apologies to Master Card). Too bad the old broad’s friend opened her mouth about the money under the mattress. Once again we learn timing is everything, but the up side is that Paulie is back in the groove. At least this is one good fortune for Tony, especially as things heat up with the NYC faction.

Speaking of which, we also finally learn what the Johnny Sack play is all about: He wants Carmine gone and Tony is to be the instrument of destruction. Will Tony fall for the deception, or will he get a face to face with Carmine (without Johnny around) before it’s too late? (Or maybe finally Paulie cracks wise?). I say he finally shows some smarts and between him & Carmine, Johnny goes to swim with the fishes. Remember, Carmine suggested this before, when Johnny was out of line about Ralph.

How nice for Furio & Carmella, having a date to pick out tile. This is a major plot element, and it means nothing good for Carmella. She can never (and I mean NEVER) talk to Tony about this, so what is she left with? Cooking more great Italian food? Nope. Dallying with a priest? Nope again, been there done that. Blowing her relationship with her daughter & son? Nope, she already did that too. What a life. So, she is left with nothing. What’s next for her? Obviously it’s a nervous breakdown, suicide, etc. The only out for her is (you heard it here first): Furio comes back. Big fun next season, Tony’s wife finally has her goomba, too. And Tony’s business fortunes again improve.

The irony! The ‘best show on TV’ using the same plot device (helicopter as potential executioner), as plain old ER. For those who don’t know, due to a number of factors involved, it would be very unlikely for either show to know what the other was going to do in this respect. I suppose there are only so many ways to kill off someone in television land.

We finally learned who the real snitch is in Uncle June’s case: The Nurse. Stick a fork in him, he’s done. (Not that it matters, as he’s window dressing anyway.) Well, maybe they get to the juror in the convenience store with his kid. Whatever. You’d think Tony would be more active in the effort to help Junior, not for Junior’s sake (he could care less, inspite of his act when June got the Big C) but to keep the Feds off his back. More evidence of his lameness.

What is the significance of no Christopher, Adriana or Janice tonight? Nothing.

Chris comes out of rehab next week, A-OK. At least for now. Maybe next season he gets ‘sick’ again and becomes disposable. Very un-Tony like, Tony has already decided to give Chris a last chance and something tells me Tony will regret this.

Adriana has to tell someone about the FBI, she can’t keep it in any longer. Who will it be? Definitely not Chris (can you imagine?) but who? If she plays it right, Tony will use her to feed misinformation to the Feds. If not, goodbye makeup industry subsidy. Hey, she can’t have kids anyway (probably) and Chris can easily find another woman friend (how about a crack ho this time?). Good luck to her, I hope she doesn’t have a small pet!

As for Janice, it doesn’t matter. More window dressing. Her main job is as forbearer of doomed crew members. Let’s all hope this continues, which is why Bobby will drop her like a bag of dirt. As the only ‘decent’ gangster on the show, he deserves a better fate and I think the writers feel the same way. After all, not everyone in the mafia is a rat, right? Let’s start a pool for who she hooks up with next (like in your local meat market “number 3…..number 3…..NUMBER 3 PLEASE!â€). Maybe Chris steps up? No, that would be too much. Maybe not, they could kill each other in the series finale. I like the idea.

What is the significance of Meadow’s reappearance?

To once again show the human side of Tony. As if there was one. Over the years, Meadow keeps prying away at what her Dad is all about. Next year, she finally figures it all out. The big question is: Will she be truly repulsed, as past history seems to push, or will she be the family heir to the throne (electric chair)? I say the show ends next season with her in charge and Tony gets a lateral move to the other HBO property, Six Feet Under. Just like Mario Puzo would do it. As a matter of fact, exactly like MP did do it.

And let’s not forget about T next week. He will have another panic attack, or the bizarre dreams will continue, or whatever, and he’ll go running back to Melfi. Boo hoo hoo. So what. We know he’s screwed up, she knows he's screwed up and once again, he knows he’s screwed up. Game, set, and match. All this in spite of the good news about Pauly, Furio & Chris. I think the real interesting thing is that he knows there are only two ways out (dead or prison) and no matter what he does, in spite of all his so-called power, he is powerless to stop it. More irony. Oh, and he will make a pass at Melfi and oh, in a moment of weakness, she’ll give it up, but not until next season. Then she’ll become a drunk and quit her profession. So sad. But hey, that’s life in the Land Of Tolls (my brother-in-law’s nickname for NJ).

Wait, you say I forgot about AJ? Who wouldn’t? The kid’s a zero. How he nailed Miss Pillsbury is a mystery to me. Why are some women drawn to perceived danger? Why is there air? Ah, who cares.

IMHO, this is a great show, a real piece of art. I am already anticipating next year.

This one's for you, Frank.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
Quote:
Will she be truly repulsed, as past history seems to push, or will she be the family heir to the throne (electric chair)? I say the show ends next season with her in charge and Tony gets a lateral move to the other HBO property,
I called that one a year ago, after the season ending episode where she ran away from Tony. It's the unobvious obvious thing to do. I'm with you now pop, I'm with you now.

·
Registered
28,199 Posts
I agree that it seems obvious (unobviously) that Meadow would take over the "Family" a la Michael in The Godfather or CZJ in Traffic, especially since AJ is such a zero as Ken so adroitly puts it, but for one thing...women don't head up families in the Mafia; they do their machinations behind the scenes a la Livia. The Sopranos is groundbreaking television, but not that groundbreaking.;)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Johnny goes to swim with the fishes.

Great analysis Ken! You should be a writer. By the way, I think that's sleeps with the fishes. :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.