AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get ts files to play using vlc, zoom or powerdvd without it pausing between each file?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I tried the copy /b method to create one large .ts file from my 1 minute HiPix .ts files. In most cases this worked, however with a few of the recordings I either had no display or the secondary channel program would play. I found HTDVtoMPEG2 would work in all cases. It also creates a slightly smaller files because you select which channel to transfer. I am able to perfectly playback my recordings in MCE 2005 using the nvidia decoder.

I setup HTDVtoMPEG2 for Transport Stream output, .ts Extension and Maximum size 99999.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There's a program called nullpacketstripper.jar that sews the 1 minute .ts files together. It's a java program and is run from cmd line. Google it...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking loading a large ts file will take a lot of resources in xp compared to the individual ts files.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass4040
I was thinking loading a large ts file will take a lot of resources in xp compared to the individual ts files.
]

Not at all - it doesn't load the whole file at once anyway, it just pulls it off the disk as needed. nullpacketstripper is the way to go.....never had a problem with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.