AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
Conversion to mkv?

MakeMKV works very well. I don't know about PavTube but maybe somebody else will chime in on it.

If you are using the Galaxy Tab connected to a wireless network you can stream video from your PC or server to the Tab using PLEX quite easily.

It is not legal to copy rented DVD's.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was always wondering about rented DVD...No big deal; plenty of stuff in the $5.00 bin at Wally-world that will keep me happy.

I tried out the MakeMKV program...WOW!!!! I am impressed!

I am not trying to stream video to the Tab., but will keep Plex in mind. I basically want to down load video to the Tab and take it along for later viewing. I was looking at some of the Android VLC apps...no idea right now on which one to use or buy. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks. Sammy

·
Registered
48 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdacat  /t/1471253/pavtube-vs-makemkv#post_23278077

I am not trying to stream video to the Tab., but will keep Plex in mind. I basically want to down load video to the Tab and take it along for later viewing. I was looking at some of the Android VLC apps...no idea right now on which one to use or buy. I am open to suggestions.

Thanks. Sammy
Most of the VLC apps for android are for remote control of VLC on your computer or streaming apps. If you're just looking for VLC player for your tablet, there's a beta version "VLC for Android Beta" (only available in some countries, not including the US). There are several other players for android that are good... MX Player works well for me.

·
Registered
11,443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdacat  /t/1471253/pavtube-vs-makemkv#post_23278077

I was always wondering about rented DVD...No big deal; plenty of stuff in the $5.00 bin at Wally-world that will keep me happy.

I tried out the MakeMKV program...WOW!!!! I am impressed!

Thanks. Sammy

I didn't say you couldn't, only that it isn't legal.

If yo want to store video on your Tab for playback I suggest using MX player. It will play back mkv but of course the size of your files are an issue then. To make them fit on an SDMicro card you can use Hand Brake to drop them to a smaller size. With Hand Brake you can also convert them to mp4 in which case you won't need MX player as the native Galaxy player can play them just fine. This way you will have two files.. One that is full sized un-compressed mkv for local play back and another that is mp4 for play back on a portable device.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts