AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from PAX! Some interesting things happened this year. Let's see what jogs my memory from the piles of swag.

Oh, let's see here. My Dead Space backpack served me well and was a trooper.

The shop that handles officially licensed Valve product had the great Team RED hat on offer.

My Bastion bandanna is a great find! I recently just went through that game twice back to back. If you haven't played Bastion yet, you are missing out. It is brilliantly executed. They also had the soundtrack, signed by a bunch of devs, on offer for $15. While I do want it, I'll pay the $10 for Bandcamp edition.

The Saturday night concert ended with Supercommuter, of which Stenobot is a member. I figured he can have my $10 to see what he makes of the Gameboy's bleeps and bloops.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 had a fun game where you hunt people to get buttons to get shirts. My girl got in to that one quite a bit, hence my 10 Dragon Quest buttons.
Buttons overall were a recurring theme at the show.

Dance Central 2 was set up and playable. We got some slap bracelets, a scarf, and had a ridiculous time on stage. Final score: 1,100,00 girl, 140,000 me. I got my nub ass handed to me.

The terrible sunglasses light up and were given out when you stumble upon the roving band of dancing zombies from Plants Vs Zombies. Awesome.

The Mass Effect omnitool is cheese, and the 10" Sack Boy is win.

Oh! The pills are from Good Old Games. Better though, are the cookies that they hired old ladies to hand out!

·
Banned
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Holy balls a zombie t-rex! Halfbrick. Gotta loves them.

Yes, that is a shotgun shell giving bacon a high-five. Monday Night Combat does a lot of things right. Try it if you haven't yet.

Borderlands 2. Randy Pitchford gave my girl and I each a copy. Along with the other 600 people that attended that panel. Now to just wait patiently for the game to go gold so our copies will ship.
The PC version of Borderlands is soon to see some significant changes in regards to community. A version called "btest" will launch this week on Steam that adds cloud support for your saves, adds progression tracking and reporting so that Gearbox can further refine where people get stuck, what they struggle too much with and where content is chewed through far too quickly. It's good to still see support from them two years later.

Rise Of Nightmares looks like a hell of a lot of fun. Punching zombies to death with Kinect? Sold, and so is my girl.

OnLive was giving away their Microconsole. I didn't walk away with one, but they will ship me one shortly. It looks like a great toy to play with. It was impressive back in beta, if not a little laggy due to my location, but I never followed up on it after launch. Maybe it's unbelievably rad once it's in my livingroom.

The NOS girls got in trouble.
They were wearing their normal blue spandex dresses that probably stop a little early. Two hours after the show started, they were all in pants. Just though it was a little funny.

Oh! There was this super-rad little laser projector, the MicroVision Show WX+. It's a little bit bigger than an iPhone 4. It hooks up to an iPhone 4 or newer and spits on laser projection. Video, or games, projected anywhere. Pretty hot.

Retro/grade is notable simply because it's a tiny indie project that I'm fairly sure I've seen at the last two PAX, it still isn't out, and doesn't look like it's any better than it was in 2009. What the hell is going on there?>

I've got a couple Steam codes for Poker Night At The Inventory to hand out. I bought it the day it came out and had a lot of fun with it. Recommended! Serious poker players think it's lame, but it's great for a casual poker player that wants some nice story telling to go along with their game.

Torchlight 2 looks hot. Got me some original artwork drawn on an index card titled "Not in company but knows guys in it!".

There was this wonderful lady that wandered around lines handing out pipecleaner to play with. A Mario star, pony and a scorpion(?) are the result. Good fun!

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
it's pretty crazy how we both got completely different pax loot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.