·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would you pay?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Dish has really been pushing the AT150 package. I would not be susprised to see it added to this package.

·
Registered
405 Posts
They survey doesn't provide for the alternative of paying less than $5.00 for the HD Channel alone, but willing to pay extra for a grouping that would include the channel.

It makes perfect sense to me to include the HD Discovery Channel with the Top 150 package. There are four niche Discovery Channels in that group already. I've been on the edge of ordering it mostly to be able to see Discovery Civilization, and Discovery Wings, but not quite ready to cough up an added $10 for the privilege. The HD channel addition would push me over the edge.

Like most, I'd rather not have any commercials on premium channels, but I can live with it on relatively low-cost per-channel groupings, such as the Top 150.

Vic W.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If Direct should decide to put all HDTV channels into a package then the package should fall under the pricing for the other packages. $12 for the first then cheaper per additional package. I expect this especially when Mark Cuban and Direct bring up his additional networks.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Personally I'd prefer a separate charge, once enough HD programming is available, either separately or as a group purchase, I'll cancel SD programming altogether.

One could purchase quite a few HD subchannels for the cost of a Top 100 or Top 150 tier.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well... :D I'm sorry to see that so many will be missing out on this new channel... :p

To be quite frank, I think $8.00 will probably be a bargain. Disc promised a bare minimum of HD commercials. Since viewers will be "paying for commercials," Disc knows they will be held to the highest standard. I bet it will be the highest quality HD channel we have to date. Also, if a channel can actually make money (God forbid) with HDTV, others will be encouraged to give it a try.

This new channel will be great for me and very auspicious for HDTV! ;)

-Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.