AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my Plasma TV and I received the payment through Paypal and I got a Status of a Unconfirmed mailing address. What should I do?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hmm, I dont think it matters much if you are on the receiving end of the paypal. Make sure the money is legit. I've read that sometimes, even if you receive the money, paypal can take it back if there are circumstances surrounding the money. I would just email the buyer to make sure the address is legit. Is the buyer a confirmed paypal user?

·
Super Moderator
21,528 Posts
readPayPal terms and conditions-

I have had money taken back by PayPal in a situation like this ( luckily I had not shipped and the buyer turned out to be bogus)

bottom line is you are taking a risk if you ship- if you still want to ship; satisfy yourself that buyer is legit

PayPal makes people jump through hoops sometimes- especially new accounts and big transfers

Mark

·
Registered
52 Posts
ONLY, again, ONLY ship your TV to a confirmed Paypal address. That's the address that Paypal was able to confirm via the account holder's credit card billing or back account address.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Wow finally something I know ALOT about...:)

If you ship to a unconfirmed Paypal address you will not be covered under the buyer seller protection policy which will cover you for $5,000.00 per year if the order is fraudulent.

If this guy is a new Paypal person-- IS HE?? He may have problems getting a large payment through his first time ( I call these people virgin paypal users). If this is the case you need to go into your request payment tab and break it down into $2,000 or less payments and send him two seperate invoices to add to your total of what you sold the Plasma for. Also, to be on the safe side you can do a people search in Yahoo to see if he actually exsists most people can be pulled up based on last name and state. Do your OWN fraud prevention as well.

On a side note: After the paypal system gets used to the 1st time large purchase they could buy a house with Paypal after that!!

Hope this helps..also send your plasma via freight where you can get tracking and proof of signature so he cannot claim he didnt recieve the shipment. My 02 cents hope it helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Maximus330I
I defer to the more knowledgeable guys above. Sorry if I gave bad info.
Sorry for the tone I used. Just didn't want anyone to get burned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
PayPal back charged my account 2 months after I made a sale. Now I leave very little money in my paypal account.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, move the money real quick to your account or credit card. I've been lucky as a seller so far, plus I'm greedy to earn the 1.25% cash back by using the Paypal's VISA check card :D Oh, also, keep those shipping documents (I'd say at least several months). A positive feedback from the buyer indicating "item received", "great packaging", "fast shipment", etc. does not constitute a confirmation that you actually shipped the item.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Even though you may have no money in your paypal account, if you receive a chargeback and failed to qualify for their protection program, they will deduct the total amount charged back and leave you with a negative balance......been there!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
It will clear as long as it is not a fraudulent card. Just because it is unconfirmed does not neccessarly mean its bad funds. Being that this customer came from ebay I would definatley want them to confirm there address. The best case scenerio is a confirmed address. Why don't you just email the customer and ask them to confirm there address as you can only ship to a confirmed address under the paypal buyer/seller protection policy..explain to them this protects both of you. Most people get it.

Also, everyone is right..keep the tracking for 3 mos, part of Paypals fraud protection is that sometimes they will randomly contact customers to make sure they have recieved goods when it is a large purchase.

Are you seeing the money in your account? All you need to do is move the money from your paypal account to your bank account (it only takes a few days) to clear. 2-3 at the most.

For future selling practices you can set up your account to only accept payments from confirmed addresses and your account will block payments made by users who are uncomfirmed, also echecks are gauranteed funds and cannot be reversed just and FYI.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris J
This is not good. I was going to use the money to buy another Plasma.
could be worst, especially if you read a bit about Paypal on this website:
http://www.paypalwarning.com/

·
Registered
891 Posts
ChrisJ,

If you have questions email me..I know the paypal system inside and out.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was posted on the Special Deals & Sales Area here on Avsforum. Strange thing is my Plasma TV ad I posted there is now deleted by who know's who.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to the negative balance never being cleared. As Lisa said if its not a stolen card you will get paid, but move money ASAP.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.