AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryounglaw /forum/post/15571923

Does anyone know if SVS still has plans for the PB13-Ultra/2??

No, it would be too heavy and too large.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good - i was planning to buy the PB13-Ultra and i did not want them to one up me soon after i purchase it

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
IMO, would be wiser to get dual PB13-Ultras instead of a PB13-Ultra/2 (if it was a real product). More flexible placement options.

Come to think of it, a PB13-Ultra/2 would be really big and weigh around 250 lbs to 300 lbs!

·
Registered
651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryounglaw /forum/post/15572186

good - i was planning to buy the PB13-Ultra and i did not want them to one up me soon after i purchase it

They might add a PB16 Ultra to their product line
! It is confirmed that the SB16 Ultra (yes, with a 16.5'' driver) is scheduled for October 2009 release.

·
Registered
742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengbin /forum/post/15576208

They might add a PB16 Ultra to their product line
! It is confirmed that the SB16 Ultra (yes, with a 16.5'' driver) is scheduled for October 2009 release.

Oh ****....I smell another upgrade...this never ends

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wonder how much bigger a PB16 would be then the PB13. The PB13 is big enough for me, I originally planned on getting a sealed sub.. I would be looking into getting a SB16 to go with my PB13 tho since it will be quite a bit smaller, just depends on price,reviews and if I even need anymore sub then what the Ultra will give me.. Should be getting it in a week

·
Registered
3,038 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chengbin /forum/post/15576208

they might add a pb16 ultra to their product line
! It is confirmed that the sb16 ultra (yes, with a 16.5'' driver) is scheduled for october 2009 release.

proof of this??

·
Registered
8,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshane /forum/post/15579981

Wonder how much bigger a PB16 would be then the PB13. The PB13 is big enough for me, I originally planned on getting a sealed sub.. I would be looking into getting a SB16 to go with my PB13 tho since it will be quite a bit smaller, just depends on price,reviews and if I even need anymore sub then what the Ultra will give me.. Should be getting it in a week

The PB16-Ultra will be a sealed system so the enclosure will likely be smaller and for sure less depth. Probably be in the neighborhood of a 20" to 24" cube.

Also the PB-16 would not likely make a good match to a PB-13 since one is ported and the other sealed.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I also read it would be 1000 watts and probably not as loud as a PB13 Ultra, but may be great for people searching for the supposed sealed sub tighter bass

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William /forum/post/15580373

The PB16-Ultra will be a sealed system so the enclosure will likely be smaller and for sure less depth. Probably be in the neighborhood of a 20" to 24" cube.

Also the PB-16 would not likely make a good match to a PB-13 since one is ported and the other sealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a3plew /forum/post/15580824

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1107585
Were have you been. jk There are even pics.

i think bgilly was asking about the PB = ported box 16 Ultra.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I'd love to see SVS create something like a PB16 Ultra is some form or another, but the only way I can think of that it could be done with useful tuning down to 15hz and a box size not much bigger than a PB13 would be to go to a passive radiator design. That would certainly be a break in tradition for SVS, but it could turn out pretty cool. Picture a 16.5" active Ultra driver accompanied by a pair of 16.5" or 18" passives. It could even be user-tuneable by allowing for weights to be added or subtracted from the passives.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit /forum/post/15582566

i think bgilly was asking about the PB = ported box 16 Ultra.
Oops my mistake. Man A ported 16 ultra would be amazing.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by a3plew /forum/post/15583403

Oops my mistake. Man A ported 16 ultra would be amazing.

yes it would. it'd be a "truly flagship product"

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
I doubt that you will be seeing a ported Ultra 16.

That driver is being designed for a smaller sealed box and will likely not work well for a ported alignment.

Plus SVS is very savy towards how large their cabinets get from a shipping standpoint in their business model, and the size requirements for a ported box with a 16" driver will more then certainly exceed those limits... for reasonable shipping rates to be absorbed in the cost of the product.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpdrv /forum/post/15590751

I doubt that you will be seeing a ported Ultra 16.

That driver is being designed for a smaller sealed box and will likely not work well for a ported alignment.

maybe not. read the last line in this post from Ed Mullen:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...&postcount=108

·
Registered
7,333 Posts
ahhh didn't catch that, cool.....

How about dual opposed sealed..... Now that would really put the competition in a predicament....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts