AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a BenQ PB6100 Projector & wanted to post on the HD PQ.

I bought a Zenith HDV420 High Def STB today as an open box special at an almost unbelievably great price after some haggling. It has fantastic PQ! I'm using component @ a 1080i setting. This receiver was easy to set up and I'm glad I took a chance on it to test PQ. It has RGB as well, but have not connected via this yet.

I also bought an RCA ANT1030 antenna as a recommendation from the salesperson. It will be going back for sure! I could tell NO difference in PQ in between the ANT1030 and my Philips MANT910 clip-on antenna that is on my SD DirecTV dish (previously used for OTA SD content).

I've not tried the Samsung boxes, so this is not to say that it is better than them. I'm VERY pleased with the end result though.

I can hardly wait now for my DVD player with Faroudja DCDi based processing to get here on Wednesday. I'm loving this projector more every day! :)

I just wish I'd had this yesterday for the Super Bowl!

Sonicflood

·
Registered
118 Posts
I agree. I overnighted the 6100 and got it on Friday, went by the local Cox cable store and got the HD cable box (with free HD service for six months), and had it all going for the Superbowl last night. Totally awesome experience. One thing I thought was curious is that the cable box allows you to select the output of any channel (1080i, 720p, 480p wide, 480i wide), and even though with the Benq I'm only using I think 450 vertical pixels, the picture seemed to be best at the 1080i setting, though it's very hard to see any difference at all. Even on the SD channels, the 1080i looked as good or better than either the 720p or 480 wide options. Does this sound strange to you?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.