AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here, and I was wondering if you all could help me out with this. I've never owned a projector b4 and was looking around the internet at them. I decided its about time to get one. My budget is around $1500 for one. Is the above projector good for playing video games, watching movies, and HD tv?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'd go for the Sanyo Z3 in that price range. What are your requirements? lighting etc...

What's with the title of this thread?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There will be very little lighting during the day time, it's going to be in my bedroom, it's an average size room.

Sorry about the title, I didnt really know what to put their.

So the Z3 perform better than the PB7230

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
OK no problems.

I have the Z3 and really like it a lot. The picture is razor sharp and bright. Checkout the 720p Shootout thread at the top of this forum for a good comparison. All but one of the projectors in that shootout are in your price range (I think) and the Z3 came out on top.

I don't know much about the pj you mentioned in your title (it is not 16*9 native). But there has been tons of reviews done on the Z3, Ae700, H31, and SP4805. If you want to go 720p (HDTV) the Z3 is the way to go IMHO. If you want to go EDTV get the Optoma H31 or the Infocus 4805.

HDTV on the Z3 looks like a huge plasma. It blows me away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check the z3 out. That's what Ill prolly end up with. Thanks for the reply's and all the help you've given me. I really dont know much about projectors at all, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.