AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was busy yesterday and missed the opportunity to watch the PBS HD show, but am not sure that the Boston amd/or Seattle PBS stations are actually broadcasting in HD.

The demo loop has been showing for so long on the PBS stations from Bev that I really do not know if they can show PBS HD when it's available.

So, did anybody with Bev watch yesterdays show?

Thanks.

Shelly

· Registered
4,123 Posts
Well if you mean the NOVA show, it was on, yeah. The thing is, it wouldnt appear that what we're seeing on PBS HD E/W is necessarily coming from the actual PBS stations in those respective cities unless it just so happens that all those stations do is just pass the National PBS HD feed through 24/7. I guess that could be the case, but only someone that lives in one of those 2 cities and see's them OTA could answer that for sure.

Regardless of just why it's the National PBS feed on both channels 24/7, if one wants to know what to expect to be able to view on either of those channels for the time being, one can just always look at the link below for a schedule of that feed. And just adjust the times for your particular time zone accordingly.

http://www.ptvdigital.org/dt2a_apr.html

· Registered
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DP1
Well if you mean the NOVA show, it was on, yeah. The thing is, it wouldnt appear that what we're seeing on PBS HD E/W is necessarily coming from the actual PBS stations in those respective cities unless it just so happens that all those stations do is just pass the National PBS HD feed through 24/7. I guess that could be the case, but only someone that lives in one of those 2 cities and see's them OTA could answer that for sure.
I noticed just before the "Runaway Universe" NOVA episode ran on BEV's PBSHD East the Seattle PBS logo and call letters flashed up. I switched to PBSHD West and got the same thing. This makes me wonder if they're using one HD feed, from the Seattle PBS HD loop-through, to cover both PBSHD channels right now. Weird thing was that it was on eastern time.

--- WCS

· Banned
3,772 Posts
On many programs they show station logos from very many PBS stations nationwide. It is a "promo" they do on the national feed.

KCTS Seattle has some wonderful stuff (like the "Over Series") that they show in the evening on weekends. From what I have heard, the BEV feeds just show national loop at this time, so it must not be the "real" KCTS Seattle OTA feed.

· Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it is the PBS HD National Eastern Feed.

Thanks for the information and for the link to the PBS programming grid. Now I can actually look forward to and know when PBS HD programming is coming my way.

Shelly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.