Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the color?

I'm in New Jersey and Comcast is currently broadcasting Manor house on its regular channel PBS (13) and its HDTV feed at the same time. Well, the HDTV always looks washed out.

I have my front projector screen directly above my direct view 27" panny so I get a very direct comparison. Each system has its own feed off the comcast pole. HDTV has a delay of about 3 seconds. HDTV is Moto 5100 fed with component at 1081, 16:9.

In summary, very disappointed is the color differences.

Anyone have a clue on what he problem is.

My DVD's are fine on the projector with very little difference on the direct view.

I'm going to have the Moto box changed as a first step.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
It's not a good plan to change a box based on one program. Wait until you see other HD programs from PBS & other HD providers before assuming your 5100 is bad. If all HD looks the same, washed out, then either the calibration is bad, the 5100 is bad, or the specific input is bad on the set.

·
Registered
228 Posts
This was the program material, not your box. I flipped over to this show between periods of the Flyers/Sens game on Comcast Sportsnet HD. The program looked like it was just an SD show upcoverted and widescreen. Don't swap out the box just yet.

·
AVS Forum Special Member
11,139 Posts
On NYC's Time Warner Cable, which passes on a feed from WNET-DT, Manor House also looked poor from my SA3100HD YPbPr outputs. It was widescreen but had the washed-out appearance of 480i programming that the 3100HD upconverts to 1080i. Generally 480p digital sources, such as the Fox programming here, look far superior to 480i sources when upconverted on component. I switched back to WNET on the SDTV cable channel via composite out. An intriguing series, although the fictional Upstairs/Downstairs years back had more appeal IMO. -- John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.