AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK damn it, I couldn't let a concert like this go without comment at AVS...

You guys have to catch this...looks and SOUNDS GREAT!

Some noise from the camera in the very back of the room.

This music is great stuff!!!

Great bunch of songs so far. I'll let it be a surprise for those catching later!

edit..sorry for the !!'s, but it's that good.

Chris

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Hey, glad you enjoyed it. I agree the picture and sound were great as usual.

I'm not a big fan of these "oldies" shows, I really wouldn't mind if they got 2 or 3 acts combined into a one hour show, but 2 weeks of Heart and now America is a bit too much for me. I lived through that time it's sort of "been there, done that" for me. I'll watch a little bit but I loose interest very quickly.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L

I'm not a big fan of these "oldies" shows, I really wouldn't mind if they got 2 or 3 acts combined into a one hour show, but 2 weeks of Heart and now America is a bit too much for me. I lived through that time it's sort of "been there, done that" for me. I'll watch a little bit but I loose interest very quickly.
...and next week is "Ringo Starr and the Roundheads" featuring the oh-so-current "Colin Hay" of Men At Work. Oy!

·
Registered
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow
Some noise from the camera in the very back of the room.
That's an understatement! The shots from that camera were far and away the worst I've ever seen on an HD channel. I'm not one to bash picture quality too often, but that was just ubearable!

Great show otherwise. Love the voice of the guy on the left (sings lead on Horse With No Name); the other guy didn't sound so great... :)

·
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_rider
That's an understatement! The shots from that camera were far and away the worst I've ever seen on an HD channel. I'm not one to bash picture quality too often, but that was just ubearable!

Great show otherwise. Love the voice of the guy on the left (sings lead on Horse With No Name); the other guy didn't sound so great... :)
Perhaps I did. I didn't know if it was a local issue or not....guess not.;)

That camera acted like it was broken or something.

·
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L

I'm the other way around. I haven't been interested in anything much that's come out since about 1990.

Also, the age of this group and music is what really got me off. Seeing this classic stuff with the latest greatest tech is pretty cool, to me. After listening to these songs for years on classic radio, I loved the professional feel of this presentation.

I'll have to see America live to get any better, and depending on my vantage point, this could be the best I ever hear and see them.

I kinda wish PBS would do some OTA pay-per-view concerts. A two and a half hour Pink Floyd Soundstage would be darn cool. I'd pay at least fifty bucks. Only if it was PBS, OTA with no multicast though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.