AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping some of you PC experts here might know something on this topic. I own a Baskin Robbins store, and currently have a simple security system setup that allows me to view the stores cameras in real time from a PC over the internet. The system is from Inetcam , and I currently have 4 cameras setup in my store that I view with a browser. I have a DSL line installed at the store that gives me 128k upstream speed. This system does NOT allow me to record the video signals. It's monitor only.

I've found a different system on the web, but I really don't know anything about them. They sell a true DVR solution, but from looking at their online realtime camera demo, I find that I want something with a clearer resolution. I'd like to be able to actually see facial detail with the camera. I'd like to be able to zoom in, and see the denomination of a bill that the customer is handing to my worker. Am I asking too much, is that level of detail not possible with this kind of solution just yet? What is the limiting factor in this level of detail - is it the software, the camera itself, the bandwidth of the internet connection? Here's the link to this other DVR website .

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
you might contact them about finding a dealer so you could see it in person. (I didn;t see a dealer locater on their site - just a dealer sign-up form) I dont have a list of suppliers but there are plenty of them that build this stuff. try a google search. I'm suprise inetcam doesn't have a recording option.

also, you need to consider forensic issues. If you are going to fire an employee for stealing, you will need to be able to prove that the video wasn't doctored and proof of recording time if he sues you for wrongfull termination. It cold get nasty and you need to protect yourself.

Phil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.