AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a very interesting problem I found with regards to the Marantz projector. It is very minor, but I'd like to hear if someone can think of a workaround.

So here goes, the 'Auto adjust' problem -

I want to have my PC control the marantz (either through IR or RS232). Amongst other things, I want my PC to change the input mode for the marantz (RGB/Component/S-Video). The problem is that after the projector is switched to RGB mode, you typically need to hit the 'Auto Adjust' to get the full computer display. I think there is NO WAY to perform this auto adjust from the PC !!! (please prove me wrong)

'Why?' I hear you ask, 'You have both rs232 control and IR control'. Well, you cannot do it with the rs232 protocol, as 'auto adjust' is simply not included there (you can change almost everything else, though)

IR control will also not work because the marantz remembers the last menu level it used. Say you tweaked the display setting (second item in the menu list). Next time you invoke the menu, it returns to that row. The problem is, there is no way to either restart the menu to the top item, or to query the projector what is the current menu level.

Another thing that does not work is to send the 'menu' IR command, followed by many 'up' IR command (hopping this will get the menu to the first item). This does not work since the menu cycle (go from the first row to the last one). So we are in square one again.

I hope my explanation is clear, and that some of you will show me how this can be done.

Cheers,

Amir

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
You're correct in that there is no "auto adjust" directly via RS232. When the engineers were here, I asked them for that function, and they seemed to think it wouldn't be too hard.

Two things to try in the meantime (I'm tied up with my PC, or I'd try it myself)...

1. What about RS232 to get you to a specific place in the menu? Or maybe the memory for menu is just for IR.

2. Try using the "focus" pattern and then exiting it. I have found that sometimes, it seems to act as a psuedo auto adjust control.

good luck, and by all means,

Have FUN

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.