Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having no remote as yet, I am trying to get PC Control V2.0 to work

in order to setup my PJ. I made a cable to go from my laptop to the Option Port (per the Tech Manul that I bought from Hammerhead)

I have an NEC XG-1100 s/n 3900219

I loaded up the software and the only thing that I can get the software to do is to turn the PJ on and off remotely. IF I try to do anything else I get a "failed to return Ack' - I checked the wiring - 6,7,8,12,15 on the option port to 5.6.8.7.4 on the DB9 to my notebook. I am using XP Home Ed

I seem to remember reading about some version of NEC's PC Control not working with early serial numbers - could that be it ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
You're right.

XG-1100 with serial #s 3900101 - 3900475 and 7900101 - 7900210 are Incompatible w/ version 2 of the software. For reference 7900211+ are compatible. If you can locate version 1.X, it should work.

shoot

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, heck, Anyone feel like like digging through your old disks ?

I'd sure appreciate a pre 2.0 copy of the NEC Control program.

Grovel ..... Grovel..........Grovel......

I'll be checking my email with baited breath.....

-Jeremy

[email protected]

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Gosh, Pretty, Pretty, Please ?

I can't do a THING without it and I must have checked my email

thirty times today!

Any pre 2.0 copy of the NEC control program for the XG

TIA

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
If you have the serial commands, you might want to get more ambitious and us something like CQC to control it, and control other stuff as well. You can use the generic driver to create a driver for the projector.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by 10Gauge
Oh Gosh, Pretty, Pretty, Please ?

I can't do a THING without it and I must have checked my email

thirty times today!

Any pre 2.0 copy of the NEC control program for the XG

TIA
I think you can use the final version of the PG control program (which is available at the Skaggs Projector Info site) to control the early XG series; I recall reading this somewhere, though I haven't tried it myself. But it's worth a shot if you're really up a creek.

John C.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep, I AM up that creek and unfortunately the 2.0 software only performs

a very few functions ie power on/off. Still gonna need a pre-2.0 version.

Still waiting for some benevolent soul to take pity on my poor, sad predicament. IF I could just coax someone to go look back through their old disks.....

I've used every meta-search engine available and, sadly, its no where to be found :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.