AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PC connected to 32" LG LCD TV via VGA cable displays text with shadow to the right of each text. Very visible on the white pages.

Each text has shadow on each sides of the text. This problem makes it difficult for my eyes to read the display, especially when reading email, browse internet.

I could visibly see shadows that were reflections of the text they represented.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,723 Posts
Moved.

·
Registered
77 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo851 /forum/post/15487104

PC connected to 32" LG LCD TV via VGA cable displays text with shadow to the right of each text. Very visible on the white pages.

Each text has shadow on each sides of the text. This problem makes it difficult for my eyes to read the display, especially when reading email, browse internet.

I could visibly see shadows that were reflections of the text they represented.

Using an hdmi cable would rectify that.

I too am using an 32LG30 for pc duty. At first I bought a vga/rgb cable and an hdmi cable (with a DVI/HDMI adapter) when I got the LG to compare both the performance, compatibility and PQ...needless to say, hands down the hdmi won out.

Also, don't forget to use an audio out cable for sound to your LG...

Btw, it is advisable to update your video card driver and adjust the settings based on the LG resolution...mine is set at 1360x768.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Using a better quality VGA cable will fix that as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts