AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested to know if anyone has done what i was thinking of.

At present i am using my PC with DVHS tools to send firewire to the JVC 30K, the 30K then outputs Component Vid to my Key Digital HD Leeza. Basically i have no tape in the JVC hit record on DVHS tools and it sends the file regardless and i can watch it :) Little fiddly but the pic is awesome.

What i wondered is whether it is possible to take the firewire out from the PC directly into a Samsung TI-R165 and convert it to DVI allowing a digital connection to my scaler.

My query is how it would work, i believe to get the Samsung to work you select the firewire input, this polls the devices on firewire and then you can select to play the tape, this i know works. But how would i get it just to open up the firewire port to see the streaming .TS files from the PC???

Has anyone tried this or have the equipment to try it??? It is a lot of money to spend on a converter box as the Samsung would have no other use in the UK.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer??

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,654 Posts
Please be more specific with topic titles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.