AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung DLP. I hooked up my gaming PC up to the TV via the DVI connector. I had tried playing Jedi Academy demo, but it looked grainy and horrible. Anyone playing their PC games on their widescreen TVs? Any suggestions to get the games to run at 1280x720p? I have the desktop running at that resolution and it looks phenomenal...

Any advice? Suggestions would be welcomed. I'm on vacation this week and need something to burn the time :)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Hi,

I have a Samsung and just got into PC games this year so hopefully I can be of assistance. I hope I'm not insulting you, but in case you're new to PC games did you know that you must go into the Video Options for the game in order to pick the resolution you want? Most games default to 600x800, which would explain the graininess you experienced.

About half of the games out currently support widescreen. Most of the ones that don't can be hacked into and made to go widescreen. This thread explains what to do:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=267262

I have no programming training and I was able to make BF1942 go widescreen. It looks amazing. Also note that Valve has updated Half Life, Counterstrike etc. to widescreen. You just have to get Steam.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.