AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PC games on X1, any tips, suggestions, etc?

I am going to hook up my PC to my X1 for the first time and play PC games.

I just want to make sure I do this right, and am not missing something.

I plan to buy a 15 foot VGA cable, to run from my video card to the VGA input on my infocus x1. Is there any special cable (VGA) that I need, or other issues I need to be aware of to play PC games on my X1. What kind of picture quality should I expect from the game, using an ATI Radeon 9700 video card and P4 with 512 ram?

Thx.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Its AWESOME bout all you really neeed to know.I have all games and pc running in 1024x768 with refresh set to 75,as you cant go over 75hz.Ive adjusted the color setting via my vid cards settings.Other than that ,theres nothing else to it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
It would be wise to go into the video settings on the games you are playing and adjust the resolution to match the X1 so there will be no scaling involved.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scotty144
It would be wise to go into the video settings on the games you are playing and adjust the resolution to match the X1 so there will be no scaling involved.
On the flipside, you may not like playing your games in 800X600.....Then again, the screen is so big that you may want that after all. I think that this is going to be a preference call. Either way, you will not be let down.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do I need to buy the ATI dongle?

Or is the picture quality gonna be as good or better, if I just use a VGA cable from PC to the X1?

I guess I am not sure what the dongle is for? Is that for people who are using the ATI video cards on a TV/monitor that only has Component Video IN? Since X1 has a VGA input, I dont need Dongle right?

thx.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The x1 came with the cable you need. If you need longer you can get a extension cable. Which is what I did cause no one locally had a long monitor cable, just the extensions.

I play bf 1942 on my x1 and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jskibo
Played GTA III over the weekend at 1280 x 720 via the ATI dongle. Nice on the 16:9 screen.
I don't understand. Why do you need the dongle at all?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not sure, (maybe someone will correct me if I am wrong), but my understanding of the dongle is that it allows someone with an ATI video card to output the video signal to a television that has componenet inputs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.