AVS Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2028 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Just backed a game called The Shore. Total Lovecraft style game that shows lots of promise. At the bottom of the link there is a playable Demo that the team has provided to see if you want to back. I think that is a step in the right direction for most games. I have backed it already since I'm a huge Lovecraft fan and liked what I saw before the demo. I went to play the Demo this morning before work, but it kept launching my VIVE instead of my desktop. Already let the Devs know and they will look into it, most likely I just need to set an option in the Executable to disable VR, but gotta remember the command for it for UE4. So many games so little time!

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,002
Looking for a good SHMUP, I stumbled across Jets 'n' Guns 2 on Steam. These are games I can play for a couple minutes and have a good, relaxing time.

But much to my surprise, this game is a totally addicting and superbly balanced game like no other I've played. It's fairly hard, and I don't like hard games (i.e. bullet hell shmups), but each time I die in JnG2 I think I could have prevented it. Or better yet, change my configuration and power-ups to upgrade defenses, or maybe try a new gun, bomb, or missle setup.

The only complaint I have is I can't grind on completed levels to get more money for upgrades - the only real cash is after finishing a level for the first time. But thankfully, there's no penalty for selling weapons or equipment, and the game gives a very handy shooting range to test out a new configuration.

Jets 'n' Guns 2 is a near-perfect game for those that like well-ballanced SHUMPs with upgrades, secrets, and crazy-ass level and enemy design.

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,003
Anyone going to try the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn?

It's a fantastic game on the PS4, but unfortunately Digital Foundry brutalized the PC port, finding a lot of issues where the things aren't working as expected. Hopefully it can be patched soon, but I'm not expecting fix(es) in the immediate future.

I've got it pre-loaded, and will be firing it up at some point today to test it out.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Anyone going to try the PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn?

It's a fantastic game on the PS4, but unfortunately Digital Foundry brutalized the PC port, finding a lot of issues where the things aren't working as expected. Hopefully it can be patched soon, but I'm not expecting fix(es) in the immediate future.

I've got it pre-loaded, and will be firing it up at some point today to test it out.
Passing on it until I know it's fixed. I want good posts not rush jobs. Death Stranding was fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
A Total War Saga: TROY is free on the Epic Games store for today (August 13th) only.

Reactions: DaverJ

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'm playing Singularity, a 10 year old game
So old it doesn't support 21:9 - I have wide black bars at the sides on my ultrawide monitor
But the game is cool

·
Registered
10,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,008
I'm playing the Marvel's Avengers beta from Steam.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the game. I don't regret that yet, but the game just isn't clicking in for me the way I thought it would. I love the PS4's Spider-man, I dig Destiny 2, always enjoy a Tomb Raider, I got into Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, I love Assassin's Creed games and have been addicted to AC:Odyssey lately. Oh, and love LOVE the Avengers movies. I don't know what it is about this game - it seems to be lacking a spark, that magic. It definitely tries hard, and checks all the boxes: looks great, very nice HDR, awesome sound, very high production value, haven't hit any bugs or crashes yet. I guess the combat simply feels like a button masher, and the leveling and loot seems inconsequential, something they put in but doesn't really do much.

Maybe the full game gets better. I can't say it's a bad game, the effort put into it shows, and it's highly polished and feels AAA. I'm just not as excited to be playing it as it seems like I should be, or expected to be. Perhaps it's a grower...?

Maybe it's me. Anyone else try the beta?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Remnant from the ashes is free on epic, so I'm giving that a shot.

Reactions: Arutha_conDoin

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Remnant from the ashes is free on epic, so I'm giving that a shot.
Thanks for the heads up going to go grab that!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Might need to build a new gaming PC.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | [Windows 10]

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Might need to build a new gaming PC.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | [Windows 10]

Agreed, this game is something else! Hello RTX 3090+Zen 3

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The beta gives you a taste of playing as each Avenger. Had the most fun playing as the HULK.

Marvel's Avengers β [4K]

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've started on Rage 2
How I hate boss fights that occur well before the end of a game
I haven't gotten that far into the game and there's a Cyber Crusher
That's just insane with the weapons I have at this point
Sigh

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
For those playing MS Flight Similar 2020

msfsaddons.org: Star Wars Sci-Fi Planes for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

2001 - 2020 of 2028 Posts