AVS Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 2005 Posts

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
I am not really interested in The Division from a single player perspective but got it free with a 980ti (for 4k on Vizio M70-C3) and my cousin got it as well, this game seems like it would be much more fun in a group (like Destiny).

If anyone wants to add me my Uplay account is DGPimp, I cannot promise I'll play it often or for how long but would be fun to try it out. :eek:

I am also passing on FC Primal, not my thing. I spent major time in the Gyro on FC4 and fear Primal would feel too limited, I would certainly try it if there was a demo.

Looking forward to Doom 2016, have heard people mention playing this already so there must be a beta or something (have not looked).

Also wanting to try the new Gears of War Ultimate maxed out on pc after playing the Xone beta.

- Jason

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
How come you played FC 3 & 4 but still haven't played FC 2 :eek::confused:

It was awesome game for sure!
I know that wasn't directed at me, but I didn't finish FC2 either. I absolutely hated the respawning checkpoints. So much so I just stopped playing entirely. It wouldn't have been so bad if they gave you a grace period, like a couple days in game time before enemies would respawn but the way they did it, if you moved like 6 inches away from the camp and came back, bam...more enemies. It got old quickly.

I still haven't played FC4 though I do plan to at some point.Same with Primal. So many other games though.

·
Registered
413 Posts

I still haven't played FC4 though I do plan to at some point.Same with Primal. So many other games though.
Yeah, I bought FC4 about 3 months ago and probably won't get to it till around April-June :D

so many games, so little time!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Early access for Epic's new MOBA / Shooter Paragon starts on March 18th, anyone gonna be in this?

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I still haven't finished fc3...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Finished Farcry 4 and Fallout 4 on my new 40 inch 4k monitor. Glorious. Now I'm on to Dragon Age Inquisition in 4k but finding its annoying me gameplay wise. I'm really exited to play any game in 4k at this point. Oh also new Timeshock! pinball game new version in 4k is Vertical mode is unreal awesome. I seriously want to buy another 40 inch seki 4k just for it.

Reactions: DaverJ and W3Rman

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
Finished Farcry 4 and Fallout 4 on my new 40 inch 4k monitor. Glorious. Now I'm on to Dragon Age Inquisition in 4k but finding its annoying me gameplay wise. I'm really exited to play any game in 4k at this point. Oh also new Timeshock! pinball game new version in 4k is Vertical mode is unreal awesome. I seriously want to buy another 40 inch seki 4k just for it.

I wanted a mount that could pivot my 70" into portrait but then realized it was going to require far too much room to do so and would have to be mounted much higher than I wanted. :(

- Jason

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I am not really interested in The Division from a single player perspective but got it free with a 980ti (for 4k on Vizio M70-C3) and my cousin got it as well, this game seems like it would be much more fun in a group (like Destiny).

- Jason
Man if I knew this I would have tried to work a deal with you on that Division code :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
This is one of the games I'd like to try out on my new PC. What price does this usually go for on sale?

I think bought it for $6.99 or $7.99. Now that I'm finished I would value it at around $20. This is my opinion only, so don't sue me if you don't end up enjoying it as much as I did. :p

I was able to max the whole game on a 980m with the exception of the outdoor forest areas of Britannia. I had to turn off one of the heavy graphics settings to keep the frame rates steady (I think it was supersampling). After the level was over I turned it back on again for the rest if the game. The graphics are spectacular. There is a stage later on in the same chapter that takes place in a dark forest that is out of this world.

I have no actual knowledge of this but it wouldn't shock me to learn that RYSE, at a very early stage of development, was originally intended as a game version of the film "Gladiator". If it was I'm glad the developers scrapped that idea and went with a heavily stylized alternate reality.

Something about Marius' quest for vengeance really struck a nerve with me. One of the likely problems with many professional reviews is that reviewers are on a deadline and have to force themselves to slog through it to meet it regardless of whether they felt like it or not. It IS a bloody slog. Being able to play the game at my own pace broke it up into manageable, bite-sized chunks. I remember some complaints about the upgrade system but it didn't bother me. I think it's a passable way to add a little depth to the journey.

I'm sad it over because I know I most likely wont play it again. But as a one time experience It's quite intense. If you do get it remember - a good gamepad is a must.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I'm playing a 2010 game named Singularity that has been in my lineup for awhile, with zero action. And surprisingly, I can't put it down. I avsolutely love this game! It sorta reminds me of Half Life 2, Dark Sector and Timeshift. Maybe it's just this genre that hooks me. But I am having a blast with it. And I will play it through to completion. Graphics are a little dated. But it still smokes with Unreal engine.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,077
I'm playing a 2010 game named Singularity that has been in my lineup for awhile, with zero action.
Oh yeah, that was a damn fine game! I always liked what Raven put out - they didn't re-invent anything, just had good ideas and tweaked/improved the then-current game engines.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm playing a 2010 game named Singularity that has been in my lineup for awhile, with zero action. And surprisingly, I can't put it down. I avsolutely love this game! It sorta reminds me of Half Life 2, Dark Sector and Timeshift. Maybe it's just this genre that hooks me. But I am having a blast with it. And I will play it through to completion. Graphics are a little dated. But it still smokes with Unreal engine.

Singularity is awesome! A true under-the-radar gem.

I didn't know about it when it came out but a few years later I read an article on it and was intrigued so I watched for it during Steam sales. As soon as it was discounted I snatched it and started playing.

I did not stop until it was over like a week and a half later. Games rarely have that effect on me anymore. When I wasn't playing I couldn't wait to get back to it. I think some people said they got through it in 7-8 hours but it took me much longer. At least 15, maybe even 20.

DON'T STOP before the end. It's poignant and ties everything together nicely.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Singularity is awesome! A true under-the-radar gem.

DON'T STOP before the end. It's poignant and ties everything together nicely.
No chance of me quitting this one now. I'm all in. It has a mood sorta like X-Files. Where you don't know who to trust based on all of those messages on walls and in notes. So my head is always on a 180 degree swivel. I'm battling that big railroad beast this evening. The worst for me are those darn nuclear bugs that swarm you. I hate those guys! Plus they run faster than you. Great game though. I should have played this one years ago.

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
Man if I knew this I would have tried to work a deal with you on that Division code :(

I would have offered it up here but since my cousin got it as well I figured what the heck. :eek:

Great game, no doubt about it.
Checking all the boxes is great but gameplay/content > eye candy.

- Jason

1061 - 1080 of 2005 Posts