AVS Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 2006 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Here is Gears 4 Benchmark from my 290X and nothing changed from the initial default settings that the game autodetected with my Card. Overall pretty happy with the results.

Attachments

Reactions: DaverJ

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Just got through part of the first campaign of Gears for PC. This game is soo sweet...and it's on my PC! I'm actually more excited about this game than Forza. I'm currently playing on my upstairs rig that only has a GTX 760, but at the default settings it looks and plays flawlessly. I can't wait to try it downstairs and see if I can set a custom resolution for my cinemascope screen.

Reactions: DaverJ

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
So I decided since I am off next Monday and Tuesday for my Birthday that I might as well do the Origin Access and get Battlefield 1 early :) I may only have it for 10 hours, but at least it will tide me over until it is fully released for me on the 17th at 9 PM. Not a bad way to spend $4.99 :)

Reactions: W3Rman

·
Registered
104 Posts
I can't wait to try it downstairs and see if I can set a custom resolution for my cinemascope screen.
If you set it up on your theater screen, give us a few photos! Would love to see Gears on a 2.35 big screen!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I wanted to snap a pic this morning while I was setting up and doing a calibration after getting all four subs up and running (woohoo!). It's not the greatest, but I'll take a few more once I get further into the campaign if there are some really cool scenes. The game automatically detects the set resolution of the PC (for me it's 1920x816). I may try 2560x1080, but to me it looks great and I get even better performance because it's not the full 1080. It's funny because the camera took the picture right when two sniper shots went sailing past me.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Man, that looks awesome! Are using a lumagen, anamorphic lens or just the stretch feature on the projector to get the 2.35 aspect ratio?

Looking forward to more photos.
Thanks! A picture doesn't really do it justice, but playing it on an 11 foot wide screen is just insane. And, although the game isn't in Dolby Atmos, my receiver upmixes the sound to the ceiling speakers as well. I'm using a Panamorph UH480 anamorphic lens. :)

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
A few more with the first one just showing some perspective with the lights being on:

I don't like shooting games, but I love Gears of War. I don't know, everything about it is just so enjoyable and fluid. And it looks fantastic!

·
Registered
104 Posts
[I don't like shooting games, but I love Gears of War. I don't know, everything about it is just so enjoyable and fluid. And it looks fantastic!]

I know what you mean. My wife and I are big gamers, so we pretty much enjoy all types of games. With that said though, on the Xbox,"Gears" is one of my all-time favorite franchises.

I wanted to see your photos because we're in the process of building our house and we're building a dedicated theater with a 174" diagonal 2.35:1 Curved Screen. Seeing your screen with one of my favorite games, gets me excited about what we're planning to do.

You've got an awesome looking room, from what I can see!

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Making me want to buy it. Stop it.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
blastermaster,

That looks awesome. :)

How far do you sit from your 11 ft wide screen?
I'm sitting 13 feet from my screen. It's plenty close for me.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Would you say sitting 11 ft away from a 12 ft wide 2.40:1 screen would be too close? What about 11 ft away from a 11 ft wide 2.40:1 screen?
I think you'd have to try it out for yourself before you made a decision. My main listening position is at 13 feet, but I have two floor chairs at about 9 feet and my kids don't mind it. Let's put it this way...at 13 feet, I can see the whole screen. If I go much closer, I actually have to move my head in order to see the whole screen. Not ideal, IMHO. I don't want to derail this thread any further, but if you have any more questions, feel free to shoot me a pm or check out some of my threads (my screen build thread is a cheap way to get a great screen). :)

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Ok Guys need some help on some networking issues. I have Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 and neither game will work when I try to play online with the PC for Multiplayer of any sort on any mode. What is damn strange each game has no problem syncing with MS servers to update from my X1 or vice versa. I just can't connect to do free roam on Horizon 3 or Horde or Coop or MP on Gears 4. I am on wireless at the moment, but it did it when I was running my ethernet as well. All my steam games work just fine for MP which is just weird which makes me think it is something on the MS side of things not jiving right with my network. I would love to get this fixed so I can play online against my son on some of these games!
Stats:
Windows 10 Anniv. 64bit
Wireless mode 2.4Ghz (I can run 5G, but it kills my Plex server on Xbox 1).

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Ok Guys need some help on some networking issues. I have Forza Horizon 3 and Gears 4 and neither game will work when I try to play online with the PC for Multiplayer of any sort on any mode. What is damn strange each game has no problem syncing with MS servers to update from my X1 or vice versa. I just can't connect to do free roam on Horizon 3 or Horde or Coop or MP on Gears 4. I am on wireless at the moment, but it did it when I was running my ethernet as well. All my steam games work just fine for MP which is just weird which makes me think it is something on the MS side of things not jiving right with my network. I would love to get this fixed so I can play online against my son on some of these games!
Stats:
Windows 10 Anniv. 64bit
Wireless mode 2.4Ghz (I can run 5G, but it kills my Plex server on Xbox 1).
It should be working just fine tbh. I haven't had a single issue playing online with Forza. I'm wondering if it may be a port issue for XBL? That would be my first check anyway. Wired/wireless shouldn't make a diff.

Looking forward to picking up Gears 4 and BF1 at the end of the month, still plugging away at Forza Horizon 3, 99.8% complete as of right now. Just 2 annoying bucket list challenges left.

1321 - 1340 of 2006 Posts