AVS Forum banner

1941 - 1960 of 2002 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Playing COD Black Ops 2 (old game) with 21:9 support from Flawless Widescreen
But it doesn't work without FW open
Do I have to open Flawless Widescreen every time before starting the game?

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
This showed up on the official Crysis twitter account over the weekend, which hasn't posted anything since December 2016.

Would be great if it's in reference to a new game.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I revisited the first Crysis a little over a month ago, and was kind of surprised to see that the frame-rate still dips well below 60fps in physics-intensive moments. It is only optimized for two CPU threads. A remaster making use of today's 6+ CPU cores would be most welcome.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Picked up Hatred. That is one gore fest of a game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just Cause 4 is free on the Epic Games store for a limited time.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/just-cause-4/home#editions
Played a little of it and am liking it so far. Just Cause 2 was the pinnacle of the series in my mind, with the third entry being a disappointment. This fourth game seems to have a map layout more inline with part 2, which is a good thing. It also seems to run better in 4K than part 3 does, but that's just a quick observation since I have yet to play much.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I think I own all four Just Cuase now, from freebies/bundles. Haven't played any of them.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,959 (Edited)
I think I own all four Just Cuase now, from freebies/bundles. Haven't played any of them.

Not to counter @NewAger , but I had a blast with Just Cause 3 XXL edition. So much great content for a very low price.
I played through Just Cause 4 on Xbox, and found it to be a mixed bag. And when it's bad, it's pretty awful. The cut-scenes look atrocious, and lots of interesting game mechanics are introduced and then discarded. It comes across as a game that had grand designs, but developers gave up halfway through and pushed it out the door. But that said, it still does sandbox chaotic battles pretty well, so despite being very rough around the edges, there's still a lot of fun to be had. But 3 XXL was a more solid, tighter, consistent experience for me.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Not to counter @NewAger , but I had a blast with Just Cause 3 XXL edition. So much great content for a very low price.
I played through Just Cause 4 on Xbox, and found it to be a mixed bag. And when it's bad, it's pretty awful. The cut-scenes look atrocious, and lots of interesting game mechanics are introduced and then discarded. It comes across as a game that had grand designs, but developers gave up halfway through and pushed it out the door. But that said, it still does sandbox chaotic battles pretty well, so despite being very rough around the edges, there's still a lot of fun to be had. But 3 XXL was a more solid, tighter, consistent experience for me.

I'm in your camp on this one DaverJ. I downloaded it..and have been playing it over the weekend. It's a decent freebie. But about $4.99 on special Steam sales or elsewhere is maxx for this level and quality of game imo. The combat was fun...but way too easy for my taste. No challenge whatsoever. But I do enjoy using all of the acrobatic gadgets. I shut it down at 5:00 today. And I do not feel the fascination strings begging me to return soon. I may give it a twirl later this evening. But a creeping boredom is already beginning to happen. But no complaints...it was free. And therefore a good decent catch as a quarantine time killer that I had no experience with.

1941 - 1960 of 2002 Posts