AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

PC games you can recommend testing with atmos upmixing

4421 Views 10 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Hydra Spectre
Got any recommendations to test dolby surround/neural x that you were impressed wtih?-
If you can please state which you used.

I want to test my new atmos upmixing and know what to expect so I wanted to try some best case scenarios so I know when its off.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Don't PC game anymore but I would like to try half life 2 out. I would suggest any Call of Duty or Battlefield games. On console they are pretty awesome.
Shadow of the tomb raider has the best atmos I've ever heard in any format. There is one part where the player is in an airplane in the rain....even my cat looked up at the ceiling .....the rain on the metal was superb! This was on a xb1x but I'd think the pc version is the same.
Reactions: 1
Try Warframe, Call of Duty and Battlefield 4. Almost every moment in these games are action packed with all kinds of sounds and music. Let us know the outcome of your test. Cheers!
What a timely post, as I've just ordered an Atmos setup for PC gaming. I play Forza Horizon 4 pretty frequently in stereo, and it supports Atmos, so I'm curious how different it'll feel.

I'll try out some of the titles mentioned here, and report back if I discover something else particularly cool.
What a timely post, as I've just ordered an Atmos setup for PC gaming. I play Forza Horizon 4 pretty frequently in stereo, and it supports Atmos, so I'm curious how different it'll feel.

I'll try out some of the titles mentioned here, and report back if I discover something else particularly cool.
Hey that sounds awesome! Let us know of the results. Nice to see gamers here.
I would suggest any Call of Duty or Battlefield games. On console they are pretty awesome.
I was sorely disappointed with Battlefield's sound effects. I guess overall, I was disappointed with the entire game but that's a different topic.

Call of Duty on the other hand sounds awesome! Whenever someone calls in a care package, you can hear the helo flying over you.
Newest Gears of Wars are Atmos, helicopters and rain all over.
That across all consoles?
That across all consoles?
Well it’s only on Xbox one, not a PlayStation game. But I imagine the PC version includes the same video/audio options.
Thief 1 and 2, with NewDark (pre-installed on GOG, but you have to manually do it on Steam), also System Shock 2 which was on the same engine.
It sounds extra immersive in EAX (which can be restored in modern systems with OpenAL Soft).

There's also Deus Ex, which has an OpenAL mod, and it's pre-installed with Revision.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.