AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to upgrade my monitor- I'm getting tired of the 6yr old Princeton 19" EO90- while trusty, it's got poor PQ >1152*864.

So I've been looking at 21" displays- The Iiyama HM204DT and the Mits DP2070 are the front runners (~$600). The Iiyama looks particularly impressive as it has a Vertical Scanrate of 50-200Hz.

The only thing about CRTs is that they're so big- I wanted something with a smaller footprint (although I suspect the 21" monitors of today aren't much larger than a 6yr old 19") Does it pay at this point to go flat panel? I hear they are still relatively poor performers as it comes to games, and you have to pay big bucks to get one with

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have a viewsonic and samsung syncmaster 21 inches. And, I think the viewsonic is a little better for gaming. But heres the bottom line....neither one can compare to a CRT that is 1/4 the price as far as gaming is concerned. Both exhibit ghosting whenever fast moving objects appear on the screen. So is it worth it? Well, I use my monitors for gaming, computer work and an occassional DVD. They are great for the computer work, mediocre for DVDs, and poor for gaming (and mine claim to be .25ms response). But, it depends on the games you play. If you are more into games that don't require alot of fast movement (RTS or some slower moving adventure games) I'd say these LCDs are fine. Just don't expect them to shine when playing FPS. I'm not saying they are bad, its just they can't compare to my old cheapy sony CRT 21 inch monitor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.