AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently purchase a VIZIO E420i-A1. It's my first HDTV and it works really well for just about everything. The only "problem" i've come across is PC gaming on it. When I play games with my Xbox 360 there are no problems with lag or anything. But, when I play with my PC, it is horrible. I did find the "game mode" option in the settings menu and turned it on, but that didn't solve the problem.

I am running through HDMI on an Alienware M14x laptop with an Nvidia Geforce GT555M.

I have run the Batman Arkham City benchmark on both my monotor and my HDTV with the exact same settings and at 1080p (native for the TV and my monitor). On the monitor I get an average of 38 FPS, while on the HDTV I get about 20. Further, when actually playing the game my monitor's FPS is right around 32-45, where as the HDTV does even worse then the benchmarks, frequently dipping all the way down to 8 - 10 FPS and averaging around 15 or 16.

Any ideas? Is this TV just not going to work for PC gaming? Like I said, I'm surprised that I have no problems with the Xbox 360 (runs like a charm!) but the PC is horrible. The one thing I haven't done is try a different game then Batman AC. Perhaps it's the game?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

·
Registered
1 Posts

A late reply but idk if you ever got your answer. I came looking through google so I figured since it was a priority response to my query that I should clarify the answer to this question... Your 360 runs at about 720p for your games, and up-scaling allows the picture to take less processing to show up on your monitoring tool... If you turn your aspect ratio down on your pc it will allow your tv to maintain it's native refresh rate, as well as to increase it's response time. Making your tv work less than you need is always better. Unless you are an absolute stickler for top notch. In that case I would recommend a plasma tv as the common refresh rates are above and beyond what an LED/LCD has.

Sorry for the necro peeps but this is on googles priority when I query about the vizio tv. This way, at least, there will be some form of understanding for the next me who stumbles in on google's dirty little trick of querying old ass posts. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts