AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideally what I am trying to accomplish is to output HD-DVD/BluRay playback on my computer to my Panasonic HDTV through HDMI. I currently am using a Sapphire Radeon 4870 with a DVI-HDMI adapter on one DVI port for the HDTV and the other DVI port I have my normal 20" Samsung LCD monitor. When I play a HD-DVD or BluRay where the output (audio and video) is on the LCD monitor, the picture and audio is flawless with no hiccups or issues at all. When I have my desktop extended onto my HDTV and drag the movie player application to my HDTV, I will ONLY receive audio. Where the picture should be is completely black within the application. It is like the HDTV isn't receiving the video feed for the movie, which I don't understand. I need some major help here; I have googled for the past 3-4 days with no luck at all.

What I have attempted thus far: switched HDMI ports on the HDTV, switched DVI ports on the 4870, switched HDMI cables, disabled my LCD monitor completely (unplugged from PC), restarted many times after doing something above, and messed with tons of settings within movie applications and PC settings.

The interesting thing with all this is if I clone the LCD monitor instead of extending desktop to the HDTV, the disk will start to play as it should but then I get the HDCP error (due to having 2 displays running in clone mode). But what boggles my mind is that the video will actually run and be seen until the error message kicks in! So the video will work (albeit momentarily) in clone mode but will not in desktop extension mode or in using the HDTV solely (LCD monitor unplugged).

I'm very frustrated and at a loss of what to do; any help/advice would be appreciated from anyone. Thanks in advance!

HDTV: Panasonic Viera TC-37LZ85

Samsung 20" LCD Monitor

AMD Phenom II 940 Deneb

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H

4GB Corsair XMS2 1066 RAM

Sapphire Radeon 4870 1GB

LG GGC H20L Blu-ray/HD DVD drive

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I have mine in extend mode(Nvidia). I use TMT, open the player, drag to second display, start movie.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i've been using TMT3 Platinum v3.0.1.140 to try and view these movies mostly. i've also tried using WinDVD as well. i just tried copying a shortcut to the HDTV but TMT3 will still open on my LCD monitor when i double-click the new shortcut. i also tried making an ISO of one of the disks thinking it could be drive related but the same thing happens with the ISO as a disk on the HDTV: black where the video should be but the audio works fine.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I would check if the TV is hdcp compliant. Because you said it won't work even with the TV being the only monitor.

Check the DVI/HDMI adapter, came with the card?

Make the TV primary display.

Check compliance with http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/conten...=TMT3P#submenu

when connected to only the tv.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds /forum/post/16847383

I would check if the TV is hdcp compliant. Because you said it won't work even with the TV being the only monitor.

Check the DVI/HDMI adapter, came with the card?

according to panasonic and all the retail sites the HDTV is HDCP compliant. the dvi/hdmi adapted did come with the graphics card which was bought brand new. in fact this whole system is brand new, built within the past 2 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds /forum/post/16847383

Make the TV primary display.

Check compliance with http://www.arcsoft.com/estore/conten...=TMT3P#submenu

when connected to only the tv.

i set the TV as the primary display, unplugged my monitor and downloaded and ran the compliance program.. all green under standard and advanced results.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Then I would take a look at the ATI CCC settings. I just got a 4670 for my XP system and I have a Xonar Slim. I had to set output to YCcCr in pixal format to get HD audio to pass. I'm not too familiar with CCC yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds /forum/post/16847531

Then I would take a look at the ATI CCC settings. I just got a 4670 for my XP system and I have a Xonar Slim. I had to set output to YCcCr in pixal format to get HD audio to pass. I'm not too familiar with CCC yet.

i looked in my CCC settings and there were 4 different pixel formats to choose from.. i tried each one and got no where with any of them. this whole thing dumbfounds me; i never thought it would be this hard to get this setup.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I think TMT3.140 is using overlay. Is there any setting for this in your Panasonic. I think TMT3.120 does not, is this your original purchase?

Also, I didn't catch your OS. If you have Aero on, disable it to test.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
using only the HDTV i completely uninstalled all my visual and audio drivers (ATI and Realtek) and reinstalled everything from scratch and in addition switched DVI ports on my computer. after i did all that and restarted several times the video finally started to work in TMT in conjunction with the audio. i was so excited and still am! however, once i plugged back in the monitor and set everything up for dual displays, the problem i was having initially with the HDTV i now had with the monitor (black image where video should be displayed). so this has confused me even more so than before but i don't care if the output isnt seen on the monitor because what i wanted was for the HDTV to have everything shown.. and that is what i got now! i would be interested to know what is causing this problem/issue to happen and if this is common. maybe somehow part of the protection scheme or decoding?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.