AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So i ripped a bluray movie at full quality ( makeMKV) to my PC but it looks slightly lower  resolution and more importantly moving images are jerky ( compared to the original bluray). 

Oppo bluray into marantz AV8000 processor then Sony projector VPL-HW50ES           

pc-I7 3930 AT 3.8gHZ , nVIDIA gtx580 at stock.windows7 . 12Gb ram.Hard drive bay with 4 3Tb drives in RAID 5        
no other processes running.                
conencted via 10m HDMi direct to marantz processor and sony projector            
using VLC  or media player to play the file              
K-lite codecs installed                

Graphics card set to performance mode as is PC.              

1) should i set output frame rate to 24 or 60 ..seems to make no difference            
2) there are some modes for screen output in nvidia settings, i chose full screen no scaling          
3) what else should i try please ?               

all help appreciated , thanks !                

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Did you try playing the video file on something else to see if there is something in the encoding process? I'd suggest downloading VLC and playing the same file on a PC and see if you have the same issues. If so then it is something in the encoding process if not then it is the player that might not like the way you encoded it.

What are you using to Rip? I am using DVD Fab (which was just renamed to Blu-Fab for some reason) and have had great luck with the software. I've also tried Clown and MakeMKV. I usually rip with Fab first then convert it to an MKV File afterward.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Use xbmc, if using beta v13 enable expert settings, in video turn on adjust display to match refresh rate, this will auto enable [email protected]

If not happy with that look into madvr and mpc-hc or potplayer, media browser 3 can all use it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

thanks guys ,sorry to have not responded but am still trying to ( even start)  figuring this out but PC issues are making it slow , and waiting on lots of hardware replacements

Im gonna burn the file back to a bluray and see if it plays ok in my bluray player which will tell me if its the file or the PC , but my bluray burner just crashes the PC every time and my internet seems to have died and it takes all day just to download a driver . lol !

xbmc installed , will check it soon 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts