AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been really looking over the URC line. Now is the PC Programable really a need? Easier? Besides the pc programable whats the major difference between the home theatre master series and the automater series?

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
In addition to ease of programming and editing of LCD text, the most important thing PC programmability gives you is access to discrete on/off and TV input commands that usually aren't on your original remotes. Also, the IR database in the software is much larger, is updateable and lists make and model.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I currently own the URC 200 and the RF receiver / flasher. Works very well in my non-dedicated family room set-up. IMO, the URC remotes have the best feel and the best functional operation (ie button size, quantity, simplicity, etc.) while still offering a lot of flexibility and depth. I agree with Mike, PC programmability is great, but you have to jump up to the pro line and it's quite a bit more expensive. With the large learning and macro capability and capacity, the URC consumer line might be enough for your needs, especially if your equipment has discretes on the OEM remote, or if you can work around it (some times not that difficult to do)

I'm upgrading to the URC-300 and giving the 200 to my folks. I want the extra buttons in the LCD area (and the touchscreen has a cool factor
)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.