AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

I have a Toshiba 32HLC56 and i recently hooked my PC up to it via DVI-HDMI and the Desktop and all programs run too big by about a half inch. At first i figured it was no big deal and ill live with it, i even tried a scaling program but was unsuccessful. I was hoping to see if anyone has had a similar issue and knows of a process to go about fixing it. I know of the VGA PC input on the television and that is what i used to use, but with using the HDMI it simplifies switching between sources and its a digital image (which some say is better) and not analog. Any recommendations and wisdom on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

ptclounge

·
Registered
636 Posts
OP, what video card you got?

I used to have an ati 850xt and it would have overscan issues, corrected easilly by creating a custom resolution. Could not get the card to display 1080i properly so I used a 720p resolution.

Then I bought a x1950pro. Right out of the box it would display with no overscan whatsoever and 1080i would work without problems. Card says its hd compatible or something

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah sorry i should have mentioned that in my post, I use an Nvidia 6800 overclock. I have played with its settings and resolutions and every change i made wouldnt even change the amount of overhang of the screen. I will look for the overscan option on the tv itself. Thank you guys for your posts, very helpful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.